Program Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities to complete assigned projects that are of moderate complexity/value to ensure that projects are completed within prescribed contractual requirements, time frames, and funding parameters, which involves:
- Developing plans that lay out all required program activities to be completed with related deadlines, within the assigned budgets for the project.
- Interacting with internal and external customers to maintain a high level of effective communications and resolve problems and issues as they arise.
- Preparing and sending status reports to internal and external customers.
- Reviewing status reports prepared by various project personnel.
- Planning and managing the activities of a cross-functional project team.
- Assigning work and ensuring that it is completed on time.
- Assessing and managing risks and opportunities to ensure program technical, schedule, and financial success.
- Coordinating the transition of the newly developed product to Product Support for warranty administration and life cycle management
- Prepares proposals in response to requests from customers that specify the statement of work to be accomplished and the contractual and technical requirements to be achieved; prepares unsolicited proposals based on an understanding of customer needs. These activities involve:
- Researching and developing the costs to complete the project based on interaction with all areas that would be involved in the project, such as Engineering, Testing, Manufacturing, Quality, and others.
- Generating plans to establish time frames, negotiation limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and the allocation of available resources.
- Completing a financial analysis in conjunction with Corporate Finance and Business Administration to support pricing and profitability objectives.
- Presenting proposals to the customer and securing the order.
- Performing other duties as directed.
- Manages a portfolio of fielded products in production. Coordinates responses to customer operational and support inquiries.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from a four-year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years engineering experience in technical program management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- MRP experiences a plus.
- Earned Value experience a plus.We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
- OTHER: Background suitable to support a Secret clearance.