A position is currently available for a Program Manager for support of Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) programs. Candidate will serve as the program manager for several Aegis BMD efforts. Candidate will also be the technical lead for these efforts with the ability to address technical questions raised by the customer. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to complete assigned projects to ensure that projects are completed within prescribed contractual requirements, time frames, and funding parameters, which involves:
- Developing plans that lay out all engineering to be completed with related deadlines and the costs associated with the project.
- Interacting with customers to maintain a high level of effective communications and resolve problems and issues as these arise.
- Preparing and sending status reports to the customer and to management.
- Reviewing status reports prepared by various project personnel.
- Planning and managing the activities of a cross-functional project team.
- Assigning work and ensuring that it is completed on time.
- Analyzing and resolving problems to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Coordinating the transition of the newly developed product into product support.
- Prepares proposals in response to requests from customers. Authors the statement of work (SOW) that defines the efforts to be accomplished. Understands the contractual requirements that are received from potential customers. Prepares unsolicited proposals based on an understanding of customer needs. This activity involves:
- Researching and developing the costs to complete the project based on interaction with all areas that would be involved in the project, such as Research, Development, Testing, and others.
- Generating plans to establish time frames, negotiation limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and the allocation of available resources.
- Completing a financial analysis to support pricing and growth objectives.
- Presenting proposals to the customer and securing future work.
- Supports business development goals by expanding tasking with current customers and supporting SEG's broader business development activities
- Align SEG's core capabilities with existing customers' needs to identify new tasking the customer.
- Review BAAs, RFIs, RFPs and other government announcements in support of business development decisions to pursue or pass on opportunities.
- Contribute to the writing of contract proposals.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree (advanced degrees preferred).
Candidate needs to have 5+ years of Program Management experience.
Candidate must be a strong, proactive leader with demonstrated experience leading a team of engineers, and must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as organizational skills.
Candidate must have demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
Travel is required. Most frequent destination is Dahlgren, VA. Less frequent destinations include Moorestown, NJ, Tucson, AZ, Boston, MA, and Huntsville, AL. Need for travel to other destinations may arise.
Desired Qualifications: Demonstrated evidence of the following is desired:
- Experience in Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Navy, Air Force, and/or DoD acquisition programs.
- Experience working with MDA, Navy, Air Force, and/or DoD employees, contractors, laboratories, and/or field activities in a development environment.
- Knowledge of aerospace/defense systems technology domains.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, make effective and timely decisions, solve problems, and facilitate organizational and procedural changes.
- Experience presenting at technical reviews utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with cruise and/or ballistic missile defense programs.
- Knowledge of adversary cruise and/or ballistic missiles.
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with customers, contractors, and teammates.
The candidate must be a US citizen and have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret clearance.
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded provider of air and missile defense threat engineering and combat, radar, and missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, and Industry. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits and outstanding training to grow the capacity of staff in relevant areas.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.