Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Program Manager, reporting to the Operations Vice-President, will be fully responsible for planning and successful execution of the assigned programs and proposals including program's cost, schedule and technical performance.
The Program Manager as the owner of the assigned program(s) must:
- Develop and status program plans (resource loaded schedules and budgets) and track these plans with tools such as Earned Value Metrics, Milestone Delivery and Payment schedules , etc.
- Lead project team (contracts, accounting, finance, planning, subcontract, procurement, operations, quality, and technical team) to program success by meeting or exceeding financial, schedule and technical performance targets of assigned programs
- Communicate clearly and concisely to the project team, customer's staff, and Teledyne management. Present to customer briefings of progress, issues and solution approaches as well as guide key technical personnel building and communicating briefings
- Manage/lead/support the definition, closure planning, and closure of program/technical issues and be able to communicate to customer's team and Teledyne management
- Provide time-phased need for technical and equipment resources to Teledyne management
- Manage subcontract, consultant and material procurements
- Support the business development of new programs and cultivate and maintain customer base, establish strategic plans and annual operational objectives
- Manage and provide leadership in the development of proposals and estimates
- Participate in contract negotiations
Requires a BS degree in a recognized field of engineering or a closely related field of science.
Normally requires approximately fourteen (14) years of applicable professional experience or a combination of graduate study and experience.However, assignments are primarily made on the basis of demonstrated capabilities and reputation in the area of specialization.
- PMP certification and PE registration desired, but not required.
- Experience with performing engineering, and managing engineering and manufacturing programs in commercial nuclear power plant industry is required.
- Must be familiar with NQA-1 quality assurance programs.
- Proficiency in project management principles, project related scheduling (Microsoft project) and cost controls required.
- Must have excellent client-facing communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate very complex ideas, in writing and verbally; and be able to work effectively with diverse personalities, various levels of management, and various levels of customers.