We are looking for Program Manager - Telecom OSS / BSS for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Program Manager - Telecom OSS / BSS
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Transformation Steering Program Manager is responsible for the day to day program level management of the projects within transformation area.
- The SPM coordinate, monitor and report on the scheduling, budget, and overall performance of their assigned steering program.
- The SPM educates them self on the entire project portfolio and understands how their program contributes to the overall strategic plans of the company.
- It is the SPM responsibility to ensure that the Project Managers (as well as others within their supporting organizations) understand the TPMO-Transformation Project Management process and have the support they need to be successful.
Business Case Development:
Assists the business with the project submission process:
- Working with the business managers to understand their needs
- Completing Cost Benefit Analysis and developing Business Cases with requesting organizations
- Writing Charters
- Identifying Stakeholders; departmental impact analysis
Project Alignment to Strategic Goals:
- Monitor Executive Team expectations
- Monitor strategic visions for the departments impacted by your program; understand where they are headed and why
- Guide Steering Committee agendas to align with departmental and corporate strategies
- Understand the business financial planning targets
- Follow up, ask questions, ensure projects are aligned to goals
- Understand scope of projects across the portfolio to assist with cross-departmental planning
Perform Project Prioritization Efforts:
- Ensure project rankings are aligned with the Steering Committee expectations
- Manage each program's projects within the phases of the Portfolio (In queue, budgeted, etc.)
- Validate resourcing and budget needs against financial/business planning targets; timeline the "In Queue" based on priority
- Ensure CBAs include all needs to meet expected targets (ie, 3rd party costs, T&E, etc.)
- Individual PM and Project Support
- Ensure Scope/Charter is locked down and approved
- Validate all information is entered in PPM (charter, stakeholders, financials, prioritization, etc.)
- Validate PMs have all information for success
- Validate Project Sponsor is aligned to expectations
- Proper kickoff and communication
- Resource availability and/or issues
- Executable schedule that is being maintained; track deliverables
- Consistent status reporting
- Managed budget
- Changes are properly tracked; change control where applicable
- Closing is managed; to include post deployment functions, lessons learned, etc.
- Project plan; communication, management, test, train, rollout, etc.
- Project schedule
- Project budget
Program Budget Management:
- Weekly Capex monitoring
- Attend weekly meetings to validate forecast, etc.
- Ensure the project spending matches CBAs
- Confirm monthly financial reporting is accurate
- Fix discrepancies as they arise
Executive Level Status Reporting:
- Program Dashboards
- Provide program level status for each executive staff meeting
- Assist with impact analysis assessments for change control purposes (validate the impact of what is changing across all stakeholder teams)
- Push change controls through the signoff and approval process
- Validate additional budget is available; where applicable, through capex and opex financialprocesses
- Ensure all changes are properly communicated and managed
- Push close reports through the signoff and approval process
- Monitor projects post close to validate proper support, tracking, and measurements are in place
- Provide post closure financials to TPMO Finance for tracking and Executive reporting
TPMO Team Participation:
- Evolve the Transformation PMO
Improve the skill sets of the Project Managers and project team members:
- Attend weekly status and process meetings
- Communicate all important project information to each member of the PMO as FYI, etc.
- Work as a team to solve project issues and support the overall TelePacific strategy and corporate targets