Our client’s mission is to provide advocacy, program oversight, and policy for suicide prevention, intervention and postvention efforts to reduce suicidal behaviors in Service members, their families and DoD civilians. They achieve this by integrating a holistic approach, by using a range of medical and non-medical resources, and through a collaborative approach with the Military Services and other Governmental Agencies, Non-Governmental Agencies, non-profit organizations, and the community to reduce the risk for suicide. Through its Research & Program Evaluation and Data & Surveillance efforts, our client is focused on:
- Improving the timeliness and usefulness of surveillance systems relevant to suicide prevention and the ability to collect, analyze, and use this information for improving suicide prevention efforts;
- Promoting and supporting DoD research on suicide prevention;
- Evaluating the impact and effectiveness of DoD suicide prevention interventions and systems in order to synthesize and disseminate the findings.
We are seeking an agile and experienced technical Program Manager/Team Lead to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will focus on the overall management of large or extremely complex programs or research efforts. If you are motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and are a self-starter with a strong ability to support multiple priorities in a dynamic customer-focused environment, this is the place for you! Our ideal candidate will be methodical and detail-oriented with the ability to infer the big picture, with strength in leadership and team building, and able to deliver high quality, complex deliverables to the customer within deadlines. This individual represents senior level management whose competency concerning effectiveness and efficiency in managing dedicated overall program activity is paramount to program success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Serve as onsite team lead, interacting with the client and subcontractors to understand project requirements, schedule, and resources.
- Manage day-to-day work through delegation of client-delegated tasks. Assign tasks, monitor progress, ensure quality and on-time completion, and report to customer CNTS Senior Program Manager.
- Conduct research activities (extensive technical and literature reviews), write and edit reports, white papers, and other documents, and create presentations for client leadership.
- Review project reports and findings, applications, data sets, and models for anomalies to ensure accuracy.
- Provide continuing assessment of the validity and appropriateness of evidence based suicide prevention research.
- Initiate new tasks including development and planning activities/tasks, identify and coordinate with stakeholders, identify and coordinate project activities, maintain schedules.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and production of all program/effort activities.
- Maintain responsibility for the performance of all program/effort requirements.
- Meet with appropriate client management personnel, other program managers, and client agency representatives.
- Formulate and review strategic plans, subcontracting, and deliverable items.
- Maintain responsibility for the coordination of all functions of program/effort staff.
- Actively apply quality assurance measures to the management and performance of the program/effort.
- Facilitate project communication including: initiating, tracking stakeholder engagement via face-to-face meetings or email to ensure activities are being met on or before target completion dates.
- Reschedule/reassign activities and tasks as needed with leadership approval in keeping with project goals
- Monitor and control to ensure project activities and tasks are being met in accordance with requirements.
- Develop and maintain schedule to ensure progress and identify slippage. Proactively escalate potential risk and suggest solutions in advance as possible
- Complete work within the time frame specified by the client, ensuring that all requirements are met. This includes quick-turn, ad hoc tasks requested by senior level client stakeholders and legislative and executive branch offices.
- Contribute to and support the compilation of quarterly and annual program reports.
- Provide status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and presentation of deliverables.
- Closeout activities as needed including final reporting and other closeout activities as required.
- Work with team to schedule meetings and teleconference calls, process visit requests and parking, prepare meeting agendas, maintain meeting minutes, taskers and minutes repository
- Master’s Degree required, Public Health or a related behavioral science field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years intensive and progressive experience in management of large projects or programs
- Minimum of 5 years post-education experience as a team member of public health or scientific research projects.
- Minimum of 5 years technical and project management experience, including planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating, and directing all aspects of a project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven application of Microsoft office suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with governmental agency policies, procedures, and culture.
- Experience managing projects for policy offices (especially DoD or public health agencies)
- Knowledge of public health and social science approaches.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong client management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies and tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to this environment.
- PhD in Public Health or a related behavioral science field preferred
- Experience in Suicidology or other behavioral health disciplines preferred.
- Presently or previously held a CAC or PIV preferred
Job ID# 13741