Position Summary and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The role of the Program Manager is to plan, lead, and direct the activities and resources associated with a technology transfer from our customer to product manufacturing, while also providing leadership to both internal and external customers ensuing the successful completion of the project.
Significant duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Director of Submarine Solutions and Customer to ensure the successful realization of program goals.
- Proactively participate in the project team environment and monitor the program from initiation through final delivery.
- Establish operation objectives and delegate assignments to staff to ensure both tactical and strategic alignment/collaboration as needed.
- Generate and manage project plan/schedule including identifying and establishing program milestones
- Generate and maintain program documentation and files.
- Responsible for maximizing profit and cash flow of products/programs
- Balances program risks and opportunities with executable strategies to meet technical requirements and budgets
- Conducts reviews to drill down into issues on products/programs, identify issues, develop corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and corrective actions to program teams
- Identifies scope changes and develops product/program positions for equitable cost and schedule adjustments
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization
- Provide in-depth analysis of project culminating with lessons learned and historical reports for incorporation into future project plans
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation
- Identify conflicts to ensure project completion on time, within budget, and to customer satisfactions.
- Coordinate establishment of manufacturing operations, sustaining engineering and quality programs for this product (from concept to production).
- Ensure all product solutions reflect Teledyne DGO design and qualification standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- PMP training / certification
- Working knowledge of Export/Import (EXIM) compliance procedures
- Experience working in DoD Environment and government contracting; prior work with the Navy a plus
- Proven leadership skills through technical management experience
- Excellent skills in customer service, project management, negotiations, problem solving, contracts and finance.
- Experience creating executive level communications: internal and external customer facing
- Solid grasp of information technology fundamentals, and ability to leverage technical analysis, presentation, project management, and financial tools
- Candidates must be a US Citizen
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working Knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, Power-Point
- Excellent technical project management skills
- Skilled at accurately interpreting and applying project objectives to goal accomplishment
- Strong knowledge of products and technologies including current and potential applications