- Establish the program's key metrics; implement and maintain a program dashboard to measure and report progress.
- Develop and manage the design-level CIP project pipeline strategy -- frequency of events, scope, targeted portfolios, systemic areas for improvement. Maintain awareness to other areas of the business focused on improvement projects that impact product design.
- Serve as a project managementdatabase (Project Vision) subject matter expert.
- Manage Project Support Specialist staff members, as required. Assign and prioritize work.
- Partner with product design owners within the Business Units to identify product areas where the most opportunities for design and cost improvements exist.
- Use established tools and standard work for managing the program, and make improvements to the system. Document and publish the process; perform training sessions on the methodology so it can be utilized by other parts of the organization.
- Identify, collect and analyze product-level data for cross-functional review. Determine current state and improvement targets. Present to the cross-functional business leadership, establish scope and set event goals.
- Plan on-site technical product reviews and idea brainstorming events. Work with all functional teams to present respective information during the event.
- Coordinate with Clinical and Medical Affairs to incorporate clinical input and device usage in the session.
- Conduct/facilitate on-site meeting sessions and group exercises. Manage the meeting logistics, both prior to the event and on-site as required.
- Manage the documentation, organization and presenting of meeting event results/project idea pools and action items to senior leadership team members.
- Lead the creation/update of project charters and project information within the online project managementdatabase (Project Vision) idea pools.
- Develop a working knowledge of Teleflex product portfolios, Business Units and global manufacturing facilities. During event planning and follow-up, establish regular communications with key members of the BU R&D/Sustaining/Value Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Clinical, Operations, Sourcing, Regulatory, Quality and Finance teams.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics and all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS or BA; technical discipline or engineering background preferred
- 5 -- 10 years of experience in technical, industrial engineering, project management, lean/continuous improvement related fields
- PMI training, PMP Certification preferred
- Six-Sigma, Lean training/certifications preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent public speaking skills; able to facilitate technical sessions in front of a varied audience
- Highly organized individual that utilizes best practice techniques for preparing, analyzing and presenting information
- Good interpersonal skills that allow for easy interaction across many functional groups, levels of the organization and cultures
TRAVEL REQUIRED: up to 25%
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery.
We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.