Program Manager - Standardized Patients
Job Summary: Under administrative review, develop, implement and administer community health and outreach education programs.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Education, Health Education, or related area. Master's degree in Public Health, Health Education, Public Administration, or related area preferred. Three years of experience in community representation and/or programs management.Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
1. Oversee the planning, development, marketing, administration and evaluation of community health outreach education activities.
2. Coordinate and/or implement all operational policies and procedures related to the functioning of the program(s).
3. Represent the program(s) to all related community agencies and organizations, serving as the program liaison, spokesperson and representative. Establish external contacts where community health education services are needed.
4. Responsible for the outcome of the program(s); assist and supervise support personnel.
5. Write and submit grants for community health education and screening programs.
6. Promote the Medical Center to the community through coordination and participation in public relation activities.
7. Identify, investigate and resolve client-related problems.
8. Direct the development of administrative documents, manuals, records and reports relevant to program(s).
9. Provide a system of budgetary control for the program(s), and compile and prepare financial progress reports.
10. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Manage contract service pool/program including but not limited to standardized patients (SP), sonographers, ultrasound models, and other service contractors assisting with healthcareeducation activities.
- Develop marketing strategies to promote the contract service program
- Develop strategies to grow the contract service program pool and add other services as needed for healthcareeducation activities.
- Work in partnership (as a service model) with leadership from programs, departments, service lines and event champions to ensure adequate contract services for all activities.
- Independently confirm contract service requests and coordinate contract service activity dates with othercontract service obligations
- Coordinate, attend, record, and lead contract service trainings for healthcareeducation activities as instructed by eventfaculty/leadership
- Conduct global contract service trainings as deemed necessary by leadership
- Independently create, distribute, and monitor contract service recruitment forms for all contract service activities to ensure recruitment number and inclusion criteria are met.
- Perform continued recruitment until sufficient level of service is obtained for the learning activity
- Distribute contract service training materials, session information, and event reminders
- Work with property management to ensure building/institutional regulations are met for contract service participants (including parking and security).
- Prepare and distribute contract service activity materials (i.e. case information, finding cards, and other props/supplies) for contract service participants for healthcareeducationevents.
- Work in partnership with program, department, service lines and event champions to purchase snacks for contract service participants as deemed appropriate for the event
- Work in partnership with the Center for Experiential and Applied Learning (CEAL) and event champions to purchase linens for healthcareeducationevents (only as it pertains to contract service events)
- Work with event champions to ensure contract service providers have clear instructions for the event including room assignment and are greeted appropriately the day of the activity. This may include indirect support or directly being at the event as the schedule permits.
- Serve as the key liaison between contract service participants and faculty/leadership for events.
- Record hours for contract service personnel and initiate payment through Peoplesoft
- Ensure all paperwork for contract services is complete and accurate according to policies and procedures
- Represent the Center for Experiential and Applied Learning (CEAL) leadership at institutional meetings and report back to leadership on activities
- Attend contract service/standardized patient regional/national conferences to bring back best practices and represent Wake Forest Baptist Health/Center for Experiential and Applied Learning.
Job ID: 23591