The Program Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the operational management and oversight of multiple Sound Physicians hospital medicine programs. The Program Manager will have a visible presence at the hospitals and will focus on establishing professional relationships with the entire hospitalist team, hospital C-suite executives, case management, as well as community providers and specialty physicians. The Program Manager will report to Sound's Regional Director of Operations (RDO) with accountability to the Regional Chief Medical Officer (CMO) as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Many or all of the following are done under the direction and in collaboration with the RDO. The RDO and CMO are expected to appropriately delegate responsibilities and tasks to the Program Manager focusing on contractual and business issues, as well as performance management.
- Support the Regional Director of Operations (RDO) in data collection to meet Sound's performance objectives (core measures, patient satisfaction, LOS/CMI, and cost data) and other process improvement efforts. Performance objectives are established in cooperation with our hospital partners wherever appropriate, and in alignment with their goals.
- Manage to these objectives. This will require working with various main office departments as well as our hospital partners and physician teams, to create operational plans, reports, and dashboards to meet these objectives.
- Assist with preparation of and participation in quarterly performance reviews with hospital leadership at this site.
- Meet regularly with the Chief Hospitalist to review site performance and identify opportunities and barriers.
- Identify areas where Sound can help our hospital partners improve their operations.
- Identify and problem solve day-to-day site operations including matters related to payroll, credentialing, human resources, recruiting, etc. with assistance of main office departments.
- Assist with other administrative duties as needed, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, collecting data, assisting with workflows, fielding patient complaints.
- Review site financial statements for accuracy and trends to explain financial performance. Identify and understand the impact of variances, and enact plans to address negative variances.
- Assist with development of annual budgets and forecasting for this program. Collect and maintain data on census, temporary labor and other program management parameters.
- Support CMO and RDO in tracking shifts and any temporary labor costs.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING, OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM YOUR JOB:
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Client service oriented (both internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Professional mannerisms, appearance, and executive presence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal healthcare regulations
- Driver's license and appropriate insurance
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field
Preferred: MBA, MHA
Minimum: 6-8 years' experience working with healthcare operational management, including financial statements and working knowledge of hospital and healthcare informatics, including quality measures.
Preferred: 3-5 years' experience managing a physician group practice
SPECIAL JOB OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Flight Travel: Moderate (4+ trips per year)
- Must be able to travel to various hospital sites within the area
OTHER PHYSICAL AND/OR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS ABOUT YOUR JOB:
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Moving/lifting file boxes (up to 25 lbs.)