Industry: Business Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 272 days ago
The Program Manager leads and delivers strategic business and technology solutions. This position pairs with Engineering Managers to lead the software development life cycle process, assuring that efficiency and effectiveness goals are balanced with business needs and industry standards. Engineering Managers generally focus on people resources, work assignments and quality while Program Managers focus on scope, schedule and process. The Program Manager is most successful when developing a "pair" management approach with the Engineering Manager.
* working with Product Line Management on feature prioritization and release planning
* working with Directors of Architecture and Engineering for initial sizing efforts and to identify, evaluate and validate the design of easy to use solutions for complex business requirements,
* working closely with other Program Managers to coordinate the integration of program components, both internal and external to the program they manage.
* directing the efforts of individual project managers, business analysts, and 3rd party vendors
* conducting post project analysis to support productivity metrics and to help answer the question of did we build the right features
The Program Manager is the program's primary point of contact for all levels of the organization. Regular program review meetings serve to inform the organization of program status, issues, and risks. The Manager maintains current and relevant communication with upper management both within development and across the greater Follett organization.