Reporting to the Senior Director, NPD PMO Sports Medicine and ENT, the Program Manager will manage the design and commercialization aspects of key new products within the Sports Medicine and ENT franchise. This individual has the responsibility for driving collaboration of cross-functional product development teams to deliver complex medical devices to market. Acts as the internal liaison between engineering, marketing, manufacturing,
RA/QA and sales management for the purpose of scheduling projects, driving the timely launch of projects, budgeting resources, and reporting on the progress of several complex projects which are simultaneously being prepared for commercialization. Additionally, engages externally in conjunction with engineering, marketing, manufacturing, RA/QA and sales management, on an as needed basis, to support innovative commercialization efforts. Key facilitator in the New Product Development process including facilitation of corporate Stage Gate or Phase Review Discipline meetings and process tracking.
- Core team leader/project manager of key medical device development programs. Direct responsibility for delivering key focus products on time, within budget and with minimal long-term sustaining engineering required.
- Interacts with Franchise leadership to help set Franchise direction for product pipeline and product commercialization. Collaborates with all levels of staff and management in the negotiation and exchange of information. Develops and fosters cross departmental relationships. Collaborates with key project sponsors in bringing together a full range of cross functional expertise and proficiencies vital for the successful commercialization of targeted projects. Develops and maintains detailed project schedules and budgets for assigned projects. Drives the tactical project execution. Routinely reports on the status of the project relative to the schedule and budgets.
- Ensures design control requirements are met for project. Is responsible for the Design History File (DHF). Ensures a quality focus and customer needs are met. Contributes to the Stage Gate or Phase Review Discipline process through participation on Steering Committees, monthly review meeting attendance, and continuous process improvement as to the methods for commercialization of new product releases.
- Schedules and conducts Engineering Design Reviews, Vendor Review Meetings and other cross functional meetings, as needed. Documents the proceedings and follows up on any incomplete action items
- Assists in revising existing R&D policies, procedures and processes. Participates in writing new procedures, where appropriate.
- Assists in the creation of accurate forecasts for products and works cross functionally to ensure the delivery of those forecasts.
- Helps compile the Engineering performance specification from input data that is supplied by the Customer, R & D and Marketing requirements.
BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent in related discipline. MBA preferred.
PMP preferred but not required
- Seasoned professional with five or more years engineering and product development experience involving large multi-disciplinary teams (preferably in a medical devices environment).
- Experience managing software development programs or hardware development efforts with significant software component.
- High level of technical competence is required to formulate the appropriate development strategy and tactics for each project and to uncover weakness in performance and reliability test data.
- Proven ability to manage projects involving resources in multiple locations.