Program Manager - Small Cell & Fiber Solutions
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Program Manager - Fiber
Responsible for directing the overall performance of fiber deployment projects within an assigned geographic area (i.e., private, public, or fiber-only projects). Responsible for overseeing the budgets and ensuring the timely and effective completion of multiple projects of varying scope and ensuring that all of their project managers are doing the same for their specific projects, while also effectively coordinating with all of the functions (e.g., Implementation - Node, Network Real Estate, Operations, Sales, and Finance) on the assigned projects. For all projects being managed by their respective project managers, the program manager is responsible for ensuring that Crown’s financial objectives are met and that Crown Castle’s execution relative to external customer expectations and internal key performance metrics are achieved.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that the project managers reporting to are managing the profit & loss, job cost, cash flow, contract deliverables, and increase asset yield for all of their assigned projects.
- Communicate directly with customers as appropriate acting as the escalation point for customer issues. Ensure that the project teams keep customers informed of project progress, issues and projected completion dates. Develop a strong working relationship with each customer’s decision- makers in order to maximize new opportunities and revenue.
- Ensure deployment and customer meetings are held regularly and issues/conflicts are resolved promptly. This includes working cooperatively with district, region, and corporate teams to integrate and administer all activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of customer contracts and customer expectations.
- Monitor project status and ensure that system data are accurate, timely, and complete.
- Ensure compliance with Crown Castle standard processes and procedures and Crown Castle safety requirements for all Crown Castle personnel and third party vendors.
- Monitor cost forecasts, updates, and provide regular updates to District Manager to ensure adherence to budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all costs and timeframes are managed to the approved budgets/forecasts and any deviations therefrom are communicated and approved as soon as discovered.
- Partner across organization lines with peers in support of cross-functional Crown Castle value initiatives and to collaborate on common management goals for the district, region, and country as a whole.
- Work with the Small Cell and Fiber Solutions Network Operations Manager to ensure effective handoff practices and to ensure capital and repair & maintenance expenditures are coded appropriately.
- Manage teams of Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Project Coordinators including hiring, terminations, performance reviews, training, rewards, and recognition, and scheduling.
- Report program status to District and Regional Management teams.
- Support estimating by reviewing scope and providing local market knowledge with regards to design, permitting and build costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business or related field
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing development projects (i.e. financialforecasting, building cost estimates, design, permitting and construction management)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management including experience in budgeting and finance across multiple projects
- Minimum of five (5) years of people management experience
- Previous experience managing off-site/remote teams strongly preferred