General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and is responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance of one or more developed or mature engineering program(s) contained at a single location. The Program Manager (PM) manages programs which have well defined program plans and delivery methodologies. The PM leads all phases of assigned program(s) from initiation through delivery. The PM is responsible for program(s) which represent stable growth. The PM applies established technologies using standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. The PM typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate managers. The PM is responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, as necessary, composite manufacturing on the production floor.
- Interface with manufacturing, quality and engineering as required to work composite manufacturing issues real time.
- Utilize SAP system to identify material status and shortages.
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which usually serve a single customer.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate with engineering to establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities. 1
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Engineering, science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency to include Microsoft Project
Job ID#: 21666BR