The Program Manager, Service Delivery supports the Account Director as the liaison between Covance Market Access (CMA) and the client contacts. The Program Manager, Service Delivery oversees the day-to-day activities for CMA programs, such as hubs, reimbursement hotlines, patient assistance programs, co-payment programs, and other programs. This involves daily interactions with CMA clients, as well as overall program management, including a program’s efficiency, service delivery, and staff performance. This individual manages client requests, escalates issues when appropriate and works to ensure that program staff is knowledgeable and effective according to the program parameters. The Program Manager, Service Delivery is responsible for managing the performance of Supervisors.
- The Program Manager, Service Delivery is expected tosupport the program(s) and theAccount Directorin the following areas (but not limited to):
- Participate in account review/strategic planning exercises with the Account Director and Sr. Account Director.
- Support new program launches and initiatives.
- Prepare contracts as necessary.
- Participate in business development as necessary.
- Provide leadership on PSS and CMA initiatives.
- Develop and cultivate the relationship between our business and clients. Work with clients on program planning. Write and review client deliverables, including but not limited to program reports, memorandums, contracts, and change orders. Lead routine client meetings and participate in other client meetings (via teleconference and in-person) and sales force training programs as appropriate. Anticipate and respond to day-to-day client requests.
- Develop, implement, and evolve guidelines and expectations for a comprehensive program management approach to achieve results for the business and employees.
- Manage the Supervisors on the program(s) the manager oversees. Participate in the recruiting process for new Supervisors, write performance reviews, and address personnel and performance issues. Partner with Supervisors to develop and support Individual Development Plans.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboardingprocesses to support business and program teams as necessary.
- Ensure the highest quality is achieved through managing agent and program performance. Assess escalation and remediation procedures to ensure performance measures are met. Provide subject matter expertise on these issues as necessary.
- Support the career development of direct reports and/or indirect reports to help grow their business acumen, customer service, reimbursement expertise, quality orientation, and technical and interpersonal skills. Ensure that they fulfill the appropriate internal and client specific training requirements.
- Manage programs for profitability. Review program budgets, proformas, and prepare client invoices. Monitor program volume to adjust internal revenue forecasts and communicate changes to appropriate parties. Manage client financial deliverables. Collaborate with CMA clients to monitor volume trends and track program budgets. Work internally with the program team to identify and implement process improvements to resolve budget issues, maintain appropriate contribution margins (CMs) and drive efficiency. Work with the Manager of Talent Acquisition to make sure staffing forecast is updated to meet program resource needs.
- Understand and communicate contracted program performance metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), client expectations, and goals to the team. Participate, manage, and oversee the development of program-specific plans to achieve metrics. Monitor program adherence to the contract.
- Ensure the program is adequately staffed to achieve performance measures.
- Adhere to staff administration processes (timesheets, performance reviews, training matrices, etc.). Ensure direct and indirect reports adhere to the same processes.
- Work with Training Center of Excellence and Quality to identify internal and client-specific training needs. Participate in training staff on client expectations (voice of the client) in program design, day-to-day service delivery and changes in program scope. Provide regular feedback to program staff, supervisors and directors regarding training needs or other operational changes. Understand program processes and support the development of program specific procedures (PSPs). Understand program database to support client needs.
- Understand coverage, coding, and reimbursement issues and focus on developing broader market knowledge. Stay abreast of industry and policy trends. Have a working knowledge of legal regulations that impact the business.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sales and Marketing, and other business functions as appropriate. Support enterprise-wide management of client relationships and corporate cross-functional initiatives by serving as the “voice of the client” and a subject matter expert in program operations.
- Provide tacticalsupport for the Supervisors:
- Ensure that Supervisors are listening to agent calls to assess customer service levels on program(s) and providing feedback and remediation plans as necessary.
- Ensure that Supervisors are identifying and escalating program trends and provide recommendations to the issues as necessary.
- Ensure that high quality work is delivered and performance measures are met on the program team(s).
- Ensure that Supervisors are monitoring program volume, identifying fluctuations and recommending staffing changes to address needs. When deviations occur, ensure that the Supervisors are escalating deviations
- Serve as a back up to any Supervisor and other managerial positions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Program Manager, Service Delivery will ideally hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, public health, clinical science, health services research, health economics, or other relevant discipline. Program Manager, Service Delivery without a degree must have a High School Diploma or GED and ideally have 10 years of equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
The Program Manager, Service Delivery should have:
- very strong oral communication, writing, and presentation skills and presentation skills
- exceptional time management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- a demonstrated customer service focus; the ability to manage program(s) with the needs of clients’ strategy in mind.
- the ability to work effectively through influence and collaboration
- good judgment in managing and escalating client or project issues. Must be able to manage multiple projects and understand operational processes and performance metrics
- strong forecasting and analytical skills related to optimal program performance
- strong interpersonal and management skills including negotiation skills and managing indirectly stakeholders
- a demonstrated ability to understand detailed process and technology systems, in particular customer relationship management tools
- the ability to identify problems, take initiative, and be solution oriented.
- a strong ability to oversee and communicate client reporting requirements, including the ability to analyze data and report back to clients
- the ability to learn information quickly and retain it
- the ability to work across the business to get projects started and ensure they run efficiently
- the ability to adapt to and work with ambiguity
- ability to identify how the day-to-day impacts the big picture
- knowledge of business protocols and acumen
- strong management and leadership skills
- strong coaching and mentoring skills
- strong understanding of the PSS operations and systems navigation
- intermediate to advanced level of computer skills and the ability to navigate between programs business tools and web sites
- the ability to quickly grasp complex issues and provide a solutions-oriented approach
The Program Manager, Service Delivery should have six or more years of increasing responsibility in healthcare reimbursement, healthcare contact centers, healthcare program management, or a field closely related to PSS services.
ApplyEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Tell Us About Yourself
Not ready toapply?Connect with usto join our talent community.
Why Grow Your Career with Covance?
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. At Covance, we embrace and celebrate the different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our 20,000+ team members across the globe. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. And, with our comprehensive service portfolio, you’ll have the opportunity to explore diverse projects and unique career paths across the drug development spectrum. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
From FORTUNE Magazine, February 1, 2018. ©2018 Time Inc. FORTUNE and The World’s Most Admired Companies are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products of, LabCorp.