Job Duties and Responsibilities
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As the Senior Program Manager, you are responsible for the efficient contract, personnel, and budget management of over 200 security personnel located at multiple Regional Security Operations Centers (SOC) in Colorado, Alabama, and the National Capital Region. Position is based in Huntsville, Alabama with office collocated with government leadership on Redstone Arsenal. You must perform well under pressure in a challenging and fast-paced environment requiring innovative approaches, techniques and sound judgment to effectively manage access to secure facilities, operation of automated access control systems, and the application of DoD regulations and policies pertaining to security and/or access control.
Senior Program Manager is responsible for performing the following duties:
1. Provides direct supervisory and management of three Program Managers who staff and operate the Security Operations Centers and the Global Security Control Center of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Operations include 24/7 manning of security control centers, access control points, facility circulation enforcement, credential processing, and emergency response measures at geographically disbursed government owned facilities.
2. Continuously interfaces with the MDA’s Assistant Director or Chief, Security Operations to receive guidance concerning operation of the SOC and to provide feedback on SOC activities.
3. Works with the Regional Program Managers to provide guidance on MDA and DoD security directives applicable to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Special Security Instructions (SSI), Emergency Checklists and instructions/guidelines.
4. Provides guidance and oversight in writing conference security plans, financial work orders, personnel requirements, logistics, detailed checklists, and ensures operation within budget to support MDA’s National and Multinational Annual Conferences, or MDA Special Events.
5. Provides guidance and oversight to the MDA Assistant Director for Security Operations and the MDA Chief, Security Operations on the development and implementation of the SOC Job Qualification Standards training program.
6. Establishes and maintains effective liaison with other government and civilian agencies with common security interests.
7. Performs continuous quality control of all SOC activities to ensure the SOC executes all functions as outlined in the contract statement-of-work in a highly professional manner.
8. Develops and implements the SOC staffing and budget plan to ensure the contract remains within budgetary limits as detailed in the contract and the contract statement-of-work.
9. Prepares Monthly Status Reports.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
• Twelve to 15 years of related (military, law enforcement, security) experience including at least five years’ experience as program manager or deputy providing security management services to a US Defense organization
• Some travel required (less than 25%)
• Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years
Degrees See Qualifications
Years of Experience See Qualifications
Position Type Full-Time
Overview ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
Req ID 94225BR