- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in software engineering and technical leadership.
- 8 years of technical experience in software engineering or computer science, and technical projectmanagement experience/
- 6 years of relevant work experience; managing large-scale and dynamic operational projects, with competing resources, priorities and changing workflows
- 10 years of experience in software engineering or development.
- 5 years of experience in the online Ads domain (search, display, video or shopping).
- Spreadsheet/SQL and/or relevant database experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts to non technical audiences.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internalcustomers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, timezones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Users come first at Google. Nowhere is this more important than on our Advertising & Commerce team: we believe that ads and commercial information can be highly useful to our users if, and only if, that information is relevant towhat our users wish to find or do. Advertisers worldwide use Google Ads to promote their products; publishers use AdSense to serve relevant ads on their website; and business around the world use our products (like Google Shopping, and Google Wallet) to support their online businesses and bring users into their offline stores. We build and maintain the platforms that have made Google what it is today, and are constantly innovating to deliver the most effective advertising and commerce opportunities of tomorrow.
- Manage technology programs with high levels of complexity and scope and be responsible for developing well-defined milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work with stakeholders to define new processes and update existing processes that drive program success.
- Track projects and tasks, communicating schedule and technical considerations to executive leadership.
- Demonstrate performance in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining adherence to project timelines and costs.
- Operate within and lead cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, implementation, finance, marketing, etc.).