Job Description: ?
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Program Manager with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. Someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive the teams to completion.
- Manage multiple teams guiding team members using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Schedule and lead events such as Sprint Plannings/Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings.
- Work closely with cross functional groups including members of Product Management, Design, Engineering, Docs, Education and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- Track and report KPIs on project/sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues.
- Ensure external dependencies are managed and internal needs are met.
- Work with your peers across the organization to coordinate related or dependent release activities.
- Ensure your team has what they need to be successful
- Act as a liaison between development and otherinternal groups, such as Finance and Legal.
- 3+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles with at least 2 year working within a team using agile or scrum methodology.
- Experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies.
- A history of managing multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross functional groups. Must understand the software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong skills in critical communication, documentation, Agile management, and source control systems, with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket), Git, Excel, Slack and Powerpoint being a plus.
- Must excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. Must be able to juggle multiple, competing priorities while ensuring details are not lost. Must be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately. Must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent experience