CareJourney’s mission is to empower individuals and organizations they trust with open, clinically-relevant analytics and insights in the pursuit of the optimal healthcare journey. We are a fast-growing start-up in Arlington, VA that builds software products to serve industry-leading customers that include Pfizer, Humana, and Microsoft. Our founders and leadership developed the policy and technology in the public and private sector that shape the work we do today. We are looking for driven professionals that are excited to join a growing business where they will have a strong voice in the direction and success of the company. Our culture embraces teamwork and cross-functional collaboration for a fun and exciting environment.
The Scrum Master (SM) will plan, supervise, and manage multiple Scrum Teams. The SM will work closely with Technology team members and will be responsible for the management of complex, high value technology delivery projects. As the Scrum Master, the team will look to you to facilitate collaboration and create the right environment for a high performing development team to thrive.
- Serve as Scrum Master for two or more Agile/Core teams
- Uphold Agile values and principles; run and facilitate Agile ceremonies
- Coach others agile methodologies and practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Keep your scrum teams focused and motivated to delivery value swiftly.
- Foster CareJourney’s culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate across other Agile teams within the organization for complex projects
- Escalate and/or resolve impediments to help your team deploy code
- Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments and providing status reports
- Review the team cadences to ensure all meetings are valuable and effective
- There will be some initiatives that will require the SM to act like a more traditional Project Manager, for these efforts the SM will create detailed project plans (i.e. Should know how to put together a Gantt chart and trace dependencies)
- Identify, document and help manage technical and resource constrains that might impact team deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical field, Health sciences or equivalent
- Experience with Agile and other Project Management approaches.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to facilitate cross functional teams.
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) skills are a must.
- Strong presentation and reporting skills are a must.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and Confluence strongly preferred.
- Experience using Jira Portfolio or similar tools preferred
- Strong experience using Microsoft tools like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Google’s Gsuite tools
- Understanding of basic software development concepts like version control, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management teams in a software development environment.