The Program Manager organizes, directs and oversees activities necessary for the orderly promotion, release and sustainability of software to both non-production and production environments. Hosted processing environments span internal Global managed data centers and public Cloud providers. The candidate ensures uptime, stability and performance of Schools production environments by coordinating with Global IT operations, Schools software development teams and customer services. The Dev/Ops Release Manager will provide hands on tactical project management for key Schools initiatives requiring cross functional team participation and assume responsibility for overall audit and security compliance. Additionally, he or she supervises Business Intelligence Developer(s) to drive insights and knowledge from operational/transaction data stores.Job Details:
Roles & Responsibilities
- This role defines release activities and supports the Development organization on building release tasks into their product backlog that support Continuous Integration, Delivery and Operational success.
- On a day-to-day basis, the Program Manager facilitates release meetings and retrospectives and provides technical support to software developers and business unit personnel in executing and managing releases, change management and production performance assessment post-delivery.
- Directs activities to ensure that software products meet quality standards and performance objectives within defined time and budget targets and provides project management support.
- Ensures system operations monitoring, alerts and incident management processes are functional across all Schools products and leads problem triage with all resolver teams addressing performance issues and outages.
- Ensures Schools product compliance with Global security as well as industry standards including remediation oversight. Schedules and verifies completion of user access audits, disaster recovery testing, network security assessments and audit requirement remediation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization, managing software releases and operations
- 1+ years' experience as a full-time Program Manager in the Scrum/Agile environment
- Experience in DEVOPS setup
- Experience in release automation tools
- Experience in continuous delivery
- Experience in self-service release management portal and dashboards
- Experience in teaming up with application development and deployment teams to promote automation
- Software development experience will be an added advantage
- Strong project management skills
- Experience delivering one or more large product through all phases of the SDLC
- Experience using a Change Management tool, managing a change ticket to completion, representing the change to the Change Management Board (CAB)
- Very strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships with people inside and outside the development and operational groups
- Through understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices will be an added advantage