Enhancing communication all around the globe…our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. ViaSat is looking for a creative, bright, and innovative Program Manager to work at the forefront of what makes us successful. This is a unique opportunity to work with our talented engineers developing and supporting technology programs.
We are seeking a program manager to lead exciting development programs for commercial space and military applications. In this role you will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. The successful candidate will have extensive experienceworking with a variety of development engineering teams (system architects, electrical design, RF microwave, mechanical, engineering analysis, special test equipment, integration and test), developing program plans based on requirements, managing budget, schedule and performance risk, meeting commitments, and anticipating and circumventing problems. In addition, you may be developing customer relationships, and working effectively with functional areas within the company. You will be leading, directing, and motivating cross-discipline teams across multiple organizations and geographic sites.
- 10+ years experience as described above
- Developing Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) models
- Experienceworking with subcontractors as an integral part of the deliverable
- Understanding of engineering activities and planning to optimize manufacturing process, unit cost, manufacturability and reliability
- Understanding of earned value management systems
- Program Management principles, processes and tools
- Technical team leadership
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- This position involves work on both government and commercial programs. US Citizenship required.
- Travel up to 25%
- Satellite subsystem experience
- Understanding of engineering activities and planning to optimize manufacturing process, unit cost, manufacturability, and reliability
- Managing technical team to ensure team performance is consistent with the plan and agreed scope of the project
- Developing complex program plans, schedules, and budgets across multiple sites and stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
The ViaSat Atlanta facility is located in the northeastern suburb of Duluth. Having relocated to a new purpose-built campus, this office supports the dramatically growing ViaSat business with engineering, program management, business development, manufacturing, and product support.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Engineering career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat. We look forward to hearing from you.