We are seeking experienced Agile IT Program Managers to support innovative programs impacting scientific research and our nation's health care.
The Program Manager will orchestrate separate development, operations, and analytics teams in support of customer requirements ? to include accomplishing planning and reporting tasks and acting as the primary communicator for all customer management activities
- Manages the full project management life-cycle for teams supporting quickly moving programs supporting development, operations, and analytical/dashboard's functions.
- Has prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Has sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Defines project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizes and leads project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned project.
- Collaborates with team leads to balance customer priorities and team capacity
- Works directly with customers and team leads to bridge the gap between team Agile methods and rigorous federal contracting planning and reporting requirements
- Drives team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, employees; initiating, rolling-out, and enforcing systems and processes to enable team success and customer transparency
- Has experience in promoting empowerment of the team, ensuring each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Responsible for monitoring cost, deliverables, schedule, quality control. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing rolling budgets and schedules according to project demands and capacity
- Manages and reports variances with all team leads and customers on a continuing basis
- Maintains an effective working environment by effectively integrating a diverse team of TISTA team members and subcontractors across multiple disciplines
- Recommends information technology and team execution strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing team and organization standards for quality and timeliness
- Experienced introducing and implementing Agile practices in existing, complex government programs
- Experienced and comfortable leading IT teams that include non-IT subject matter experts, such as scientific researchers, and business analysts and a mix of Agile and non-Agile project execution approaches
- Experienced and excited by health IT, working with determined clients from organizations such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Centers for Disease Control
- Adaptable and motivated by fast-paced environments punctuated by frequent change
- Has experienceworking with geographically distributed teams and is adept in using non-traditional tool based communication
- BS/BA with minimum 7-10 years' experience in increasing leadership roles
- Active PMP preferred
- PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent Agile Certifications preferred
- Rockville, MD, and Baltimore, MD client site
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.