The Program Manager will own the ongoing development and execution of integrated global marketing campaigns and collaterals that drive flow cytometry research reagents in the context of our instrument and software solutions, to generate demand and brand preference. The campaigns could be multichannel (web, social, email, print, tradeshows, webinars, whitepapers, etc.) and comprise strategy to achieve business goals. Strong focus on messaging and content development, including developing scientific proof points through internal collaboration with scientific marketing, R&D and/or product management.
The successful candidate must have a track record of strategic execution; someone who can help craft and manage global marketing programs and tactical communication plans on tight deadlines and with limited resources. The successful candidate will also need to partner with other functions including global and regional product managers, global marketing communications, tradeshow/event staff, digital marketing, e-commerce, web, and inside sales teams, to create and maintain the integrity of the communications process, and be a team player who can meet the overall goals set by the company, marketing and sales.
- Develop and execute effective marketing campaigns to drive growth and adoption of key product lines and solutions, and ultimately generate high quality leads.
- Responsible for planning and generating annual and quarterly lead generation and customer awareness campaigns. Actively monitor lead evolution to sales funnel by working closely with sales and lead nurturing partner.
- Accountable for content development for the web and other channels to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Understand key market trends, barriers, customer insights, and competitive information to identify customer needs at global and regional levels and translate into actionable programs and assets.
- Partner and collaborate with regional marketers and other cross-functional teams to optimize program development, roll out, training, and implementation with measured results.
- Develop actionable workplans and roadmaps that align with business objectives, timelines, and budget; lead internal teams and vendors in material development and program implementation.
- Communicate and drive alignment on priorities, key initiatives, and messaging.
- Coordinate with research reagents product marketing and digital/eBusiness team to oversee the web page content, format, and overall digital presence for research reagents.
- Coordinate the internal consolidation and management of critical scientific evidences that are required for research reagents scientific content development. Serve as the point person/project manager and coordinator for downstream marketing campaigns and digital assets related to the BDB strategic imperatives for research reagents. Actively collaborate with marketing counterparts, channel partners and global managers to strategize, design, develop, monitor & manage quarterly timelines for campaigns. Provide feedback and review/optimize campaigns and content when necessary.
- Analyze success metrics for campaigns and other assets to determine ROI. Provide feedback to business leaders on campaign metrics and relay feedback to internal and external stakeholders. Actively work with marketing stakeholders and leadership to ensure marketing mix spend is tracked to annual marketing plans and adjust campaigns for efficiencies.
- Analyze Salesforce.com and Marketo reports on monthly leads, quotes, demos, wins, losses and report to sales and marketing. Provide quarterly strategic recommendations to increase efficiency of campaigns or report risk to financial performance. Work closely with program managers in all regions to develop a global dashboard.
- BS in a Biology or a relevant field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in the life sciences, clinical or medical device industry.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge in brand marketing, market/customer segmentation, value proposition development, competitive analysis, marketing communications, and digital and traditional Go-to-Market strategies.
- Experience with online lead funnels (generation, nurturing, scoring and conversion) using CRM such as Salesforce.com and marketing automation technology such as Marketo.
- Experience working on a variety of marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- Experience creating content for web and social media.
- Ability to rapidly absorb detailed product information and translate it into correct messaging to be used across all tactics.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work well within the department and cross-functionally and to solve for the "big picture".
- Superb cross-functional, project management and leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing campaigns in a collaborative manner.
- Comfortable in a global, fast-paced, always-on, highly matrixed environment.
- 15-20% travel (domestic & international)