JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager Release Train Engineer (RTE) role is essential for execution of a Scaled Agile Technology Program. Universal invests millions of dollars in teams consisting often of more than 100 professionals to deliver valuable technology solutions for the company. The RTE keeps team Scrum Masters and their teams on track, and directly impacts Program success.
- Oversee SAFe processes, PI Planning, and Program execution.
- Facilitate changes to the PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
- Provide input to avoid Program bottlenecks. Escalate impediments and manage risk.
- Communicate Program Information, status, and key health metrics to stakeholders. Facilitate inter-team communication and resolution of Program-level dependencies.
- Coach Scrum Masters and Teams in Lean-Agile practices and process improvement. Actively supportinternal Communities of Practice. Help teams adapt.
SCOPE: Scope includes planning and facilitating work conducted by 5 or more delivery teams (50+ professionals). As an Agile process expert, trains and coaches teams. Scope also includes Program Management duties such conducting meetings, tracking and reporting Program performance metrics, and conducting risk management. Deploys lean-agile team metrics and drives continuous improvement.
- Five+ years of experience as Senior Scrum Master and /or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- Two (2) years of experiencesupporting/ managing five (5) or more Scrum Masters simultaneously.
- Associates degree or higher. Information Technology or technical degreepreferred.
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Proven oral, written, and business presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
EDUCATION: Associate’s Degree required (nformation Technology or technical degreepreferred). Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five+ years of experience as Senior Scrum Master and /or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE). Two (2) years of experience Supporting/ managing five (5) or more Scrum Masters simultaneously.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Scrum Master CSM (Required)
- Certified Product Owner CSPO (Desired)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner ACP (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Agilist SA (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant SPC (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer (Desired)