Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
This is a technical product development Program Management role responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling a multi-million dollar fixed-price non-recurring engineering budget allocation program with the focus of delivering common automated toll-fare collection product solutions to a multitude of customer-funded programs applicable to the Cubic Transportation Systems company. The Program Manager, part of a team of Program Managers developing common product solutions, is responsible for managing both the program’s engineering-related tasks as well as the overall health of the program’s execution pertaining to product development, ensuring that engineering solutions are proposed, implemented and delivered to the agreed scope, budget, and schedule. Strict adherence to program cost controls through earned-value management is required.
Product focus for this opportunity will be relative to Automated Fare Collection Gate development. Experience in product development pertaining to fare collection and bank transactions a plus. This position will be required to provide program leadership to worldwide development teams in leading investigation of engineering issues with minimal oversight, operating with significant independence and minimal supervision. Familiarity with complex requirements derivation and traceability, hardware development, and software development is most desirable. Willingness and desire to proactively motivate and drive a global development team and tackle issues immediately is a must.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project management plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes
- Manages, oversees, monitors and approves elements of assigned programs from inception to completion including proposal development, product design, procurement, subcontracting, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation and acceptance of products, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule and contract requirements
- Develop and manage complex product development schedules with Primavera Scheduling personnel support
- Ensure on-time delivery of the deliverables across program
- Develops and maintains a project risk register and successfully manage program risk and ensures risk exposure is minimized and mitigated
- Conducts program coordination meetings and participate in program reviews.
- Plans and ensures resources are available for programs such as engineering, manpower, production, computer support and facilities
- Ensures that scope creep, communications, and quality are carefully managed
- Works with finance team to determine appropriate cost settlements, monitors receivables, and increase overall profitability for the program
- Owns and presents program status to executive leadership team on a monthly basis
- Creates partnership with internal customer (customer-funded Program Management) and stakeholder, including Global and Regional Product Managers (Product Lifecycle Owners)
- Proactively confronts issues openly and quickly
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors and peers
- Able to communicate at all levels in the customer and internal organization
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change, but flexible to adapt to current processes
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas to fruition
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
- Works across the organization to share lessons learned and best practices
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronic, software or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of ten years of related technical or engineering experience including seven years of project engineering, project management, program management or other supervisory responsibility.
- Advanced engineering degree or MBA is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly recommended.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams.
- Proven understanding of engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), system integration and test, quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance, and the relationship of programs within a portfolio.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Requires knowledge of government procurement, contracting, and standards and specifications.
- Must be available for travel, both domestic and international.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.