Cognizant is a company that values individuals and their commitment to a team approach while providing our clients with world class software engineering, consulting and training. Cognizant is looking for a Program Manager to join our StudioProject Management team for theAccelerator business unit. The Program Manager will work in conjunction with stakeholders from Cognizant’s verticals and theAccelerator Studio team to execute on complex multi-phase software development programs. The Program Manger will beresponsible for ensuring that priorities and deliverables are aligned across teams that will include the product owner from the vertical, Studio product strategy, Studio software development and Studio design teams. This program will span multiple phases of a software product’s growth. The Program Manager will need to be adept at both strategic and tactical tasks throughout these phases: business plan development, market analysis, competitivelandscape analysis, client validation, technical assessment, architectural redesign, roadmap development, UX/UI design and software implementation. Software development teams will be practicinglean andagile methodologies and located in Colorado and India. Hands-onexperience withagile practices, enterprise-level implementations using moderntechnologies isrequired. Candidates must have12+years of client-facing roles within a software development organization. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates withexperience running global development teams is highly desirable.Experience withlean product development is also highly desirable. It is highlypreferred that the Program Manager is based out of Cognizant’s Boulder, Colorado office and be available for an estimated 25% of time.Travel to India may also berequired.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders from different functions.
- Act as a liaison between the program and leadership in order to foster transparency and visibility.
- Develop, manage and communicate status for project plans, timelines and deliverables.
- Work with Product Owner and Product Strategy team on aligning business goals with product design and roadmap.
- Assist the Product Owner with various activities including communicating updates and impediments as well as assisting with backlog and release plan maintenance.
- Use Agile practices, specifically Scrum methodology, to mobilize and lead teams of developers through the software development life cycle.
- Schedule, facilitate and document during agile ceremonies (e.g., daily stand up meetings, sprint planning, user demos, retrospectives, and backlog grooming).
- Guide the software development team on Agile/Scrum practices in order to create iterative value delivery.
- Track and report development team velocity.
- Work with software development team and Principle Architect to recommend and provide trade-off considerations for technology solutions and approaches.
- Ensure cross-program dependencies are identified, tracked and progress through the development lifecycle.
- Assess impact of change requests and communicate changes according to impacted stakeholders.
- Agile Practices
- Lean Product Development
- Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Scrum Master
- SAFe Agile Practioner
- Pivotal Tracker
- Microsoft Project
Highly Desirable Verticals
- Life Sciences
- Banking Financial Services
- Retail Hospitality Consumer Goods (RHCG)
- Manufacturing Logistics Energy Utilities (MLEU)
Highly Desirable Certifications
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)