5 - 7 years
Posted 115 days ago
Responsible for the coordination, implementation and evaluation of Parkland¿s assigned quality management program (QMP). Will work with QMP¿s leadership to implement the Quality, Safety, and Performance Improvement Plan for the health system. Perform concurrent and retrospective medical record reviews, compiles and analyzes statistical reports relevant to monitoring, performance improvement, and achievement of applicable service area goals. Ensures compliance with standards established by professional quality organizations, national, state, and local regulatory agencies, and institutional policies and procedures.
Minimum Specifications Education:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or other clinical related field.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Medical Informatics, or Business preferredExperience:
- Must have five (5) years of experience in a clinical setting within a complex multiple campus healthcare setting.
- Must have three (3) years of quality, safety, and/or performance improvement related experience within a clinical setting.
- Must have at least one (1) year of project managementexperience. Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- CPHQ required or must be obtained within two (2) years from date of hire.
- Lean / Six Sigma Methodology green belt or higher strongly preferred.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporaryRN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or valid compact RN license; or otherhealthcare license.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Project Management processes and methodologies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have excellent organizational
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, VISIO, and SharePoint) software.
- Must work effectively as part of a team, and on an independent basis.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent professional etiquette, and adherence to the behavioral standards, dress code, attendance policy, and code of conduct at all times.
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must have strong database management skills.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team.
- Must be client focused, with a commitment to excellence.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.