During a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event, PG&E will open Community Resource Centers (CRCs) where community members can access resources during PSPS events, including:
· A safe location to meet their basic power needs, such as charging electronic devices and medical equipment.
· Up-to-date information about the PSPS event and timing of restoration.
· Water, snacks and other essential items to reduce hardships to our customers.
We work with local communities to improve the locations, availability of, and services provided at our CRCs. PG&E has developed a long-term plan to set up indoor CRCs in permanent, ADA-accessible facilities, as well as outdoor sites in counties across our service territory that may be impacted by PSPS events.
- Managing the relationship with and providing direction to vendor(s)
- Developing and monitoring budgets and forecasts
- Developing, measuring and reporting on the success of the program
- Partnering with the Marketing organization, vendors and external partners to develop and implement strategies to reach appropriate customer audiences at the appropriate time
- Identifying and maintaining strong working relationships with all strategic programs and partners
- Identifying stakeholders and communicate within and outside of PG&E
- Developing and/or implementing policies and procedures
- Identifying new partners, technologies, and delivery channels
- Align on 2021 roles and responsibilities
- Ensure CRC alignment with broader Customer Care PSPS strategy
- Coordinate CRC activations
- Manage third party electrical contractor and ADA work
- Develop County/Tribal outreach for 2020 feedback and 2021 preparedness
- Manage all temporary generation reserve, MW capacity, and deployment
- Develop CRC materials, messaging, talking points
- Develop internal/external communication updates
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of related experience or equivalent
- Master’s Degree
- PMI-Project Management Institute, PMP-Project Management Professional certification