The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for managing the DSS Facilities and Logistics Services IDIQ contract. In this position the PM is responsible for organically growing the DSS program and working across multiple Operating Companies to leverage the full services of Akima to support the new DSS mission. As DSS takes on their new mission to provide DoD security clearance background investigations, the PM will provide leadership and technical skills to identify and manage a suite of facilities and logistics services from facility identification through optimal facility operations.
- Identifying and evaluating real estate considerations for new office space and supporting economic evaluations for selection.
- Designing and implementing optimal facility layouts including structural and non- structural modifications.
- Evaluating existing facility systems and recommending optimal retrofits including IT outfitting, rightsized HVAC and CRAC systems, security systems.
- Designing and implementing life cycle maintenance programs, including costing those programs for budget development.
- Providing logistics support including purchasing, GFP management, fleet management, mailroom services, and inventory management.
- This position is responsible to the Operating Company President for the direction, safe operation, compliance, quality delivery and profitability of the IDIQ contract.
- Act on behalf of the company for all matters relating to the contract, and be responsible for success of all aspects of contract and program management.
- Lead and support all aspects of contract and operations management to ensure contract compliance, safe work execution, and quality delivery.
- Develop a profitable contract. Establish, manage and report on budgets at both task order and contract level. Manage contract operations within budget to maximize the balance among contract performance, contract expenses and company costs, and profit margin. Deliver to the company the planned gross margin and profit contribution for the company FY.
- Provide facilities consulting and facilities management skills to the customer to assist in identifying, planning, designing, operating, and maintaining DSS facilities.
- Leverage Akima capabilities from across multiple operating companies to deliver services required for the stand up of fully functioning facilities that meet the customer's evolving needs in both CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Lead a diverse workforce of in-house, subcontract, and vendor personnel in a customer-service, deadline-oriented environment. Manage equipment, vehicles and facilities in support of the IDIQ contract.
- Identify, hire, and mentor staff including task order managers capable of working autonomously and managing multi-million dollar task orders while maintaining close communication with the Program Manager.
- Work with holding company subcontract administration and pricing personnel to request subcontract pricing information (such as requests for equitable adjustment), execute option periods, and adjust subcontract value and scope based on changes to the prime contract. Lead proposal development for scope changes, REAs and pricing adjustments.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive worker safety and health and environmental management program that prevents and reduces injuries, illnesses and losses and complies with holding company safety and environmental programs and guidelines. Work closely with Director of Safety to achieve company safety goals and support safety initiatives.
- Maintain an organized filing system for contract, operational and personnel records for reference and personnel transitions as appropriate, and ensure contract records are submitted to the holding company Contracts department for inclusion in official company files and employee records are submitted to HRIS for inclusion in official personnel files. At the conclusion of the POP, work with Contracts to execute contract quick close process.
- Promote development and implementation of management techniques and tools such as planning and control, systems and procedures analysis, operational audits, management surveys, feasibility studies, methods analysis, quality control, and statistical sampling techniques.
- Be an example to employees, customers and team mates of the NANA values and hold employees accountable to perform contract duties and company functions in accordance with those values.
- Effective leadership, management and organization skills.
- Ability to integrate and harmonize diversified functions to provide overall efficient and effective contract operations.
- Minimum of BS in technical or business field is required.
- PMP or equivalent is required.
- Must have effective P&L management background.
- Requires minimum of 15 years of experience leading multi-disciplined teams in the Federal contracting arena including facilities planning, operations, maintenance and construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and project management processes and financial management skills. Success in managing and delivering profitable programs in both a FFP and cost reimbursable environment.
- Proficient at the suite of MS Office products and have proven communication, presentation, analytic and problem-solving, team building and collaboration skills.
- The ability to resolve problems quickly by determining appropriate courses of action and involving the correct personnel or functions is required.
- Must be flexible and have well developed interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach and sit for extended periods of time.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI suitability required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.