Program Manager, Platforms
Capital One is seeking a skilled and experienced Program Manager to manage the delivery of a groundbreaking line of new products. You will coordinate the successful delivery and launch of new products and communicate and negotiate with stakeholders. In this role you will create processes to launch products and provide oversight and maintenance of tools that stakeholders will use to communicate and understand where projects are at any point in time.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits and a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. Capital One was the first major bank to release an open, API-driven platform. This is a high-impact role that will lead the delivery of new products, and introduce dynamic ways of bringing a wide variety of stakeholders and project dependencies into a fast-moving delivery system.
As a Program Manager, you will create the central mechanisms of visibility and accountability required to deliver products to market. There are a wide variety of stakeholders who need visibility, and you will own the communication and reporting out to those stakeholders, adapting to their required level of knowledge and involvement in the program. You will use a variety of traditional and new tools to drive the go to market success of the product, including project planning tools, wikis and blogs, email, spreadsheets, and meetings.
- Coordinate internal resources, stakeholders and dependencies for the flawless delivery of a sophisticated set of products to market
- Ensure that all products are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Help maintain comprehensive project documentation and dashboards
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You understand Platform products and the value of building extensible products that can be adapted for a variety of uses
- You understand and value great developerexperiences
- Great educational background and comfort with technology, either via work experience or education in a technical field
- Proven working experience managing projects and programs in the software sector and experience in agile environments
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- You develop your own scope of work and can work independently. You can positively represent our brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Project Managementexperience
- At least 3 years of experienceworking with development teams
- Previous experience delivering a digital product to market
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
Job ID R49909