Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra’s cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences
Program Manager, Component Design
Responsible for managing multiple project lifecycles for programs within the Component Design (CD) department. Adapts to changing deliverables and keeps resources on track. Cross-functional ownership and management of various stages of projects within CD including but not limited to due diligence, estimating, schedule, quality, etc... Coordinates between departments to ensure appropriate resources are available for project success. Serves as an advisor to teams to ensure program/project success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on behalf of the department directors to manage assigned Component Design Programs, consisting of multiple design projects.
- Determines priority of projects and maintains forecasts
- Ensures effective project deliverables made within applicable budget, timeline, and guidelines
- Ensures all projects of assigned program are set up accordingly (Architectural/Engineering requirements, schedule, external points of contact, etc...)
- Fully responsible for up front vetting and the complete set up for all assigned projects, including but not limited to placing or linking all required project documentation (architectural plans, engineering detail, MEP models, jurisdiction requirements, etc.) in central repositories, databases, or project tasking application for project team consumption and direction.
- Prepares periodic reports and metrics for leadership review
- Provides communication support by establishing and enforcing policies, guidelines and ongoing communication between all departments involved
- Works with external and internal department managers and leaders to manage staff assignments
- Coordinates with program management and product development for estimation, production, engineering and the architects to achieve customer schedules and cost objectives
- Ensures project files, engineering seals and records are properly maintained
- Ensures economical and proper use of materials per current inventory levels and material costs
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment and produces highly cost effective and production friendly component designs
- Other duties as assign by Component Design Leadership; duties may be amended over time as organizational changes occur
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related degree plus 5 years related industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating project resources to ensure efficient utilization
- Experience in wall panels or floor and roof truss design
- 5 + Years of HSBCAD, MiTek, Alpine, Strucsoft, AGA CAD, or Vision REZ design software.
- 5+ Years preparing shop, construction, and permitting documents in one of the above software platforms.
- Ability to persuade and influence to meet department objectives
- Demonstrated experience meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to read blueprints and visualize structural details in three dimensions.
- Understands code requirements and loading conditions.
- Understands field requirements and constructability of panelized components.
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Expertise in HSBCAD, MiTek, Alpine, Strucsoft, AGA CAD, or Vision REZ design software.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.