We are seeking a Program Manager, Pharmacy Services to provide pharmacy support and guidance to initiatives and structures to improve and standardize pharmacy clinical and operational practices, formulary/medication utilization management, and/or safety performance and outcomes. He/she works collaboratively across the pharmacy enterprise and other divisions and departments. The Program Manager ensures appropriate enterprise-wide and inter-professional engagement in practice and quality initiatives and structures. The Program Manager supports creation and utilization of quality and safety metrics and other performance reporting. He/she incorporates principles of data driven high reliability and process improvement into all practice and quality initiatives.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Uphold highest standards and clinical integrity in assigned formulary/medication utilization management, safety, and/or practice initiatives–Maintains professional and industry standards in assuring all decisions, content, and impacts are appropriate in context of professional standards, current evidence-based recommendations, and clinical standards or guidelines.
- Lead and manage pharmacy formulary/medication utilization management, safety, and/or practice initiatives for assigned accountabilities – Plans, leads and manages defined pharmacy initiatives. Develops, in collaboration with all other stakeholders, tactical plans and structures to achieve desired outcomes, focusing on data driven metircs. Obtains sufficient input to process to assure representation while maintaining efficiency and supporting stewardship.
- Coordinate creation of standard processes to promote adoption – Collaborates with Pharmacy Governance Council, System P&T Committee, Operations & Technology Council, Medication Safety Council, Clinical Pharmacy Practice Council, and quality and clinical leaders as applicable to define, create, and provide ongoing evaluation of effective process for adoption of formulary/medication utilization management, safety, and/or practice improvements.
- Lead by example – Models collaborative, evidence-based decision-making. Incorporates standards for pharmacy and PSJH strategic goals into enterprise standards and practices.
- Focus on the customer – Maintains priority focus on the impact on the patient and family, and all clinical providers, of any clinical initiatives and structure.
- Project and change management – Acts as an inspirational change agent for regional and local implementation of defined pharmacy initiative and structures, including current state and gap analysis, oversight of communication and training plans, change planning specific to the needs of applicable sites, and barrier/issue management. Coordinates and collaborates with stakeholders in establishing adoption and evaluation plans.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years in healthcare operations or healthcare related experience, for an understanding of the nature of the work performed by the customers of PSJH Shared Services.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience in project management with a proven track record in managing multiple complex high profile projects simultaneously, and driving toward successful results.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated success in leading initiatives in a multi-region or divisional, complex organization.
- 3+ years’ consulting background is also beneficial and preferred for success in a high production, deadline-oriented professional work environment requiring multi-tasking, flexibility, and self-directed work.