Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager within the PayPal Payments group. This Program Manager will be responsible for helping plan and execute Business, Technology and external Partners programs within the Business Unit.
Our Program Managers are peers to Engineering and Product Managers and are expected to have technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps in fast paced, scaled agile, and matrixed environment.
Experience in Web & Mobile technology start-ups or/and Cards, Payments, eComm domains is a big plus.
- Scrum-of-Scrums and Program Manager across 3 to 10 scrum teams spread across Dev, infrastructure and Operations domains.
- Maintains awareness of cross product/project synergies and actively unblocks impediments, communicates opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
- Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of program goals, roadmap, milestones and requirements across teams
- Develops metrics and key performance indicators to drive execution and articulates progress towards planned goals.
- Identifies and resolves cross dependencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Becomes the go-to person for assigned domains; Builds subject matter expertize in assigned domain and keeps up with technology innovations, challenges in the area
- Partners with Engineering, Product and Portfolio teams to develop comprehensive reporting, and focuses on improving team velocity, time to market etc.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent; MBA and/or PMP, CSM is a big plus
- Past experience as a software developer and 5+ years of experience in project/ program management
- Strong bias to action
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to engage diverse group of stakeholders and drive long running programs with far reaching changes.
- Strong ability to organize & coordinate activities across geographically spread teams and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, ability to generate alternatives/options, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently while being flexible and responsive to evolving situations.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.