Summary & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers in this position. For your external end item customer you are responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through development of business relationships and achieving programming expectations. For your internal customer you are responsible to support in any and all necessary capacity to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your program are achieved.
- Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program and has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple programs. Has P&L responsibility for assigned programs. Works with customers to define requirements and is their primary contact on status and performance. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Captures new business and contributes to defining technical strategy for assigned product segment. Manages a variety of Bid and Proposal efforts. Participates in business strategy sessions.
- Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed. Provide overall leadership to program team and drive technical compliance.
- Acts as customer interface for program activities. Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
- Develops and manages technical performance metrics on assigned projects.
- Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
- Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long term success.
Candidates interested in this position must have past performance to demonstrate the qualifications listed:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of technical experience or Master’s degree and 3+ years of technical experience. Requires 2-4 years of Program Management experience, managing aerospace composites manufacturing programs.
- Ability to manage external customers and internal functional teams through all aspects of engineering, development, hardware fabrication and testing of composite structures.
- Experience with growing existing business and/or new business with current customers.
- Ability to utilize excellent decision making and risk management skills to create profit and meet schedule.
- Experience with leadership, coaching and building effective teams.
- Demonstrated financial management skills including: development and control of program budgets, schedules, risk management, EAC’s and the ability to recognize and capture program changes.
- Action oriented; driven by measurable results.
- Excellent external and internal communication and presentation skills.
Job ID: CM20181704-45149