Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Working collaboratively as part of a team in a high problem-solving environment, the Operations Program Manager drives Operations-focused strategic programs across PayPal. Leadership responsibility includes ensuring successful, timely and in-scope delivery. Focused on planning, reporting, organizing and holding stakeholders accountable to manage risks and create mitigation strategies. Programs will involve the implementation of a variety of work streams and typically span multiple teams and geographic locations. The ideal candidate is an execution leader comfortable with ambiguity, who is a fast learner and drives to get stuff done.
Will have to possess or be able to develop working knowledge of:
- Leadership presence to be the accountable person for drives Operations-focused strategic programs across entire PayPal.
- Communicate program’s path forward without ambiguity or distraction; able to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
- Structured sense for defining targets, meeting phased timelines, and recruiting stakeholders.
- Practiced knowledge in project and program management processes, tools, templates and management techniques.
- Courage to lead without direct authority with the humility to ‘roll up sleeves’ and drive work forward.
- Personal intellectual horsepower; ability to multiply trust; critical thinking under pressure.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience. Pre-MBA with corporate or consulting leadership in across functional disciplines, with external vendors, and managing senior stakeholders preferred.
- 10+ years delivering results in corporate environments with ambiguity and rapid change.
- 5+ years’ experience as project or program manager.
- Demonstrated ability to execute multiple, complex technical projects.
- Communication style motivated by brevity and purposeful outcomes.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.