Octo is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Program Manager with OCTO, you will manage a program providing leadership and support delivering capabilities and expertise to an independent Federal agency in the areas of IT Strategic Planning; Organizational Change Management; Business Analysis; Program and Project Management Support; and DevOps Support for over Government customer.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The project you will be working is to migrate an existing legacy portfolio to a more evolvable architecture that can better leverage a cloud environment to deliver better technology, reduce program sustainment costs, and higher system reliability. Our approach is to transform legacy applications to be cloud native and reside on a Platform as a Service (PaaS). Additionally, modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services, and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- PMI PMP certification required; Agile certification(s) (e.g., CSM, SAFe, etc.) a plus
- Provides direction and guidance to staff, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, and support activities are performed as required
- Leads all program recruitment, orientation, staffing changes, training, professional development, employee performance reviews, retention/moral, and assists with the management of vendors / subcontractors
- Provides oversight and leadership in all aspects of program management in support of delivery staff and other contractual requirements, deliverables, and reporting
- Supports and contributes to the development and execution of strategic approaches for the program (in compliance with the contractual requirements), its major time frames, and delivery of contractual deliverables and supporting work products including project documentation
- Creates PMI-compliant project plans, obtain approvals, and assist in reporting on associated progress
- Manages identified program and related project/task execution, progress to plan, and production of major deliverables and, direct adjustments to plans and execution as needed
- Identifies performance gaps (operational, training, etc.) and work with staff to develop and implement repeatable, sustainable processes to increase operational efficiencies
- Ensures teams, sub-teams, and workgroups operate in an integrated and collaborative fashion to achieve cohesive program delivery
- Develops and supports strong client relationships based on value and personal interactions by exceeding client expectations throughout the program and with all stakeholders
- Serves as a day-to-day Point of Contact for the government Contracting Officer / Contracting Officer's Representative when necessary and represents the Octo team at client meetings
- Prepares contract report deliverables and data collection and supports task managers as needed
- Performs a variety of both complex and routine administrative, management, and analytical duties and works with the Business Unit Lead, corporate office, and client to ensure contract requirements are met and compliance rules are adhered to
- Manages individual, stand-alone projects on the program staying within budget and time parameters
- Responsible for the financial, human resources, contract, risk, and other management aspects of the
- Experience with the IRS and/or the Treasury
- Knowledge and experience with government contracting
- Expertise implementing projects or programs in a federal agency in one or more of the following functional areas: IT Strategic Planning; Organizational Change Management; Business Analysis; Program and Project Management Support; and DevOps Support
- Experience interfacing with senior government executives
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- e.g., Proven experience writing and building applications using a 12 factor application software architecture, micro services, and API-first methodologies
- e.g., Able to clearly communicate and provide positive recommendation of improvements to existing software applications
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience with progressively higher responsibility in the public and/or private sector
- 4+ years of experience managing projects or programs with multiple workstreams, initiatives, or significant tasks as a project manager or program manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree in Information Technology, Business Management, Business Administration, or similar field