Responsibility for the results achieved in terms of cost, schedule and performance on a particular program(s). Manage all functions including sales, manufacturing, engineering, quality control, accounting, purchasing and human resources.
The Program Manager should have a strong background in both the financial and technical aspects of managing a business, including personnel management, safety and profit/loss.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for execution of assignments for all program personnel including engineers, drafters, designers, project managers, consultants and administrative personnel.
- Works with the Manager of Programs to maintain a positive profit center in support of Oceaneering’s other departments and ultimately other divisions.
- Responsible for program productivity improvement, finished product, production, engineering operations and necessary safety compliance met through the effective implementation of ISO 9000 standards.
- Assist in department sales efforts to expand customer base.
- Responsible for program personnel management and evaluation including employee motivation as well as assisting the Manager of Programs in determining precise job requirements and establishing pay scales and promotions.
- Assist the Manager of Programs in determining the most effective and productive methods to enhance department and program capabilities, safety maintenance, control UDCs and value engineering.
- Promote existing customer relations through support of the Purchasing Department in evaluating new quotations and the monitoring of on-time deliveries and quality.
- Report Program activities and monitor operation to plan and profitability.
- Advise, consult and/or counsel contacts and customers as necessary in order to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas and actions.
- Formulating methods and processes to perform program goals in the most efficient and productive manner. Position requires frequent application of original and independent thinking in developing methods, products or systems.
- Make decisions and take independent action, following broad objectives on strategic and operational matter affecting a major function or department in the organization. Decisions are subject to guidance from executive/senior management. This may include determining the priority of projects, personnel requirements and control of overhead costs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Manager of Programs
- BS degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- Fifteen years of experience in technical field.
- Minimum eight years working in a responsible management position.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage design/build of complex mechanical systems involving structural and mechanical components, electronics, and hydraulics.
- Proven ability to meet schedule and budget goals for a hardware design/build program.
- Understanding and experience negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Personnel management and mentoring
- The ability to understand financial statements and effect positive financial statement outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and production problems of the technical area.
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in all related fields of the company.
- Demonstrates well-developed leadership qualities.
- Capability to interface with a variety of customers for project execution, obtaining follow-on work, and developing new business.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people