Program Manager - 9994
This role is a leadership opportunity to manage large SAP business software projects. Nielsen acquires and divests companies and in doing so a merging, setup or decoupling from HR, Payroll, Billing, and Finance systems have to occur. Ability to manage these programs effectively and efficiently can create large savings for the company in synergy savings, cost and risk avoidance, and by speeding up the ability for the affected entity to strictly focus on the products and delivery and not the backoffice.
Must demonstrate self-sufficiency on the following skills/competencies:
- Business Relationship Management – Practices building strong relationships with business, operations, and other IT groups
- Organizational awareness – Display and execute a level of understanding for both the organization and its leaders regarding current capacity, abilities, potential, and results
- Facilitation and training skills - Guides and directs organizing work with groups of people such as meetings, planning sessions, and training of team members and leaders
- Project Management methodologies – Displays and applies knowledge on Project Management methodologies, specifically on Waterfall and Agile
- Organizational change management – Is familiar with the processes to transitioning individuals, teams, and organizations to a desired future state. Consumption of roadmap information, planning and managing pilots and trials of upcoming new features. Change impact analysis and assessment.
- Business/process analysis; Business needs into technical solutions - Identifies business needs and determines solutions to business problems. Utilizes the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goal
- Develops the program estimates, staffing requirements and ensures the program meets its stated objectives.
- Responsible for an organization(s) performing work in one or more related functions or projects.
- Responsible for managing one or more highly complex program(s) consisting of multiple projects and streams.
- Develops the program strategy, supporting business case (if necessary) and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans.
- Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Communicates with business leadership to communicate program strategy, direction, and changes.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Ability to learn new technologies that will speed up implementation time, and work to create standard processes when necessary
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
- Prior management, supervisory or team leader experience.
- Superior influencing, presentation and communication skills
- SAP Functional knowledge 3-5 years (Preferred)
- ERP Implementation knowledge 3-5 years (Preferred)
- Finance/Accounting background (Preferred)
- Budget Responsibility: Project Level only
- Number of employees managed: 0-5 | Number of employees indirectly managed: 0-10
- Number of third party employees (contractors/outsourced) managed: 0-10
- The role is global/regional/ local: Varies
- Some travel may be required (Less than 30%)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related discipline is required, or a minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience, plus 5+ years as a Project Manager, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is highly preferred
- Agile project management concepts: Scrum Master / Agile certification
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts