- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Oversees preparation of all budgets for departmental programs (i.e., school operating, discretionary, affiliation, grants, etc).
- Tracks revenue and expenses and monitors budgets including salary allocations and expenses. Works with divisional and departmental administration to make necessary changes and resolve any issues.
- Provides post-award management for Center faculty for federal and non-federal grants and contracts
- Reports financial management data to Center Director. Reviews and analyzes data, makes recommendations to the Director and Center faculty.
- Oversees compliance with all funding agencies and the IRB by ensuring that required information is maintained and reported on a regular basis.
- Meets on a regular basis with the department and division administration to review current research activity including monitoring on-going financial performance and adherence to annual budgets and ensure post-award follow-up items are addressed.
- Supervises Grants Coordinator, who is responsible for processing grant submissions, progress reports and final reports via Research Navigator.
- Manage HR related tasks for Center faculty including on-boarding volunteers, orienting new staff and ensuring completion of annual performance appraisals for Center staff.
- Supervise administrative Center staff
- Work with divisional and departmental administration to hire new staff, address any performance issues and process related changes in employment status (i.e. change in hours, termination, etc).
- Support faculty and staff in their research and education efforts, including implementation of processes to improve efficiency and overcome obstacles while working toward common goals.
- Along with the divisional and departmental Administration, manage the space, equipment, and facility-related issues within the Center.
- Participate in Center faculty meetings and keep strategic initiatives moving forward.
- Promote Center activities through maintenance of the Center website, liaising with department communications director, and creating and distributing Center promotional materials.
- Support Center faculty and staff in expense management including, pcards, check requests, honorarium payments, employee travel and expense reimbursements, new vendor set up and procurement of goods and services.
- Create a positive environment that fosters collaboration, dedication and teamwork among Center faculty and staff.
- Propose then implement creative approaches to program management and improvement.
- Attend departmental administrative meetings and serve as a liaison between Center staff and faculty and department administration and other SoM departments as appropriate. Perform other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Masters degree in public health, health care administration, business, education administration, science; other areas will be considered as well
- 2-5 years experience
- Attention to detail is critical
- Evidence of highly effective project management
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Comfortable in the role of team leader and team member
Job ID: 1047063_RR00023992