As the Program Manager, New Product Development - Biomedical Instruments you will have to have a strong technical engineering background with complex instrument development experience, very hands-on and involved in various instrument development projects, very strong commercial consulting skills to work with our clients, and the ability to manage large teams of technical engineers.
The Program Manager will work very closely with clients to understand their business and their product development needs. With your unique blend of engineering and consultative business background, you will be able to consult with clients to understand what they want to achieve, see the big-picture vision, offer solutions to make that vision a reality, work with their technical teams to explain our technical capabilities in developing the products that will meet their needs, set up project budgets, etc.
The Program Manager will manage an internal team of technical experts and engineers while working closely with our clients to ensure both technical and commercial success, for both Invetech and our clients. You will be responsible for project planning, execution and delivery including managing project timelines, budget and work scope.
The Program Manager will have proven skills in leading high caliber design and development teams involved in advanced technology product development including complex instrumentation and experience managing client technical and commercial relationships.
You must have a strong ability to quickly learn modern technologies and applications including understanding our client's hardware and software product needs with the ability to make informed decisions necessary to keep schedules and budgets on track.
This high visibility role is critical to ongoing business growth and will require impeccable communication skills as well as the ability to manage a project from inception to completion.
- Work closely with our clients' business and technical teams to understand, consult, refine and agree on development projects and product needs while maintaining a strong and open productive relationship with our clients as projects progress
- Develop project plans, schedules, productivity goals, critical path activities and milestones
- Manage large scale, complex projects in the development of biomedical instruments throughout the lifecycle of the project from initiation to production, working with large teams of senior technical experts Manage various projects developing biomedical instruments: planning, risk analysis, staff and resource management.
- Delivery of profitable project outcomes for Invetech through effective management of both our clients and our internal teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in development and management of embedded hardware, software and mechatronic products in a regulated environment.
- Proven development and management of scientific instrumentation incorporating sensors, control of actuators, data, processing and analysis, algorithm development Work with the project teams to create customized project plans, which detail the necessary client obligations and timelines to allow Invetech to fulfill its contractual commitments
- Experience developing and executing large scale project plans
- Ability to work closely with client organization to ensure delivery to their needs
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment in cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Collaborative style
- Knowledge of personal care devices, analytical instruments and biomedical applications
- Proven track record of growing leads and sales through online marketing.
- Experience in driving traction and market penetration in B2B environment.
Critical Success Factors:
- A passion for problem-solving, learning and educating others.
- Process driven person with strong organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to create impactful results by choosing from a wide variety of tools or outlets.
- Strong organizational planning and leadership skills
- BS or Engineering Degree in related discipline
- Engineering background
- 5+ years' experience managing the development of complex electromechanical products and systems in regulated environments
- Approximately 15%, some international travel will be required