AECOM is actively recruiting for a senior-level Program Manager for work in the area of Ship Construction Support for Navy Submarines. This position provides contractor technical support services for the VIRGINIA (SSN 774) Class Submarine Program Management Office (PMS450) in support of the Ship Construction Division (PMS450C). This position is based in Newport News, VA.
Duties in the area of Ship Construction support include:
- Provide senior functional and advisory role to Prospective Commanding Officers (PCOs) of New Construction VIRGINIA Class Submarines leveraging prior experience and familiarity with submarine new construction from shipbuilder, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, and Pre-Commissioning Unit (PCU) perspectives.
- Provide PCU Command contextual experience to Prospective Commanding Officers and senior level program management in PMS450.
- Review shipbuilder activities ensuring support of Pre-Commissioning Unit training and integration is properly accounted for and sequenced.
- Provide general program support, including briefings, graphic work, visual presentation, word processing and responding to NAVSEA requirements.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Professional firsthand knowledge and technical expertise with submarine new construction.
- Professional firsthand experience as a Prospective Commanding Officer of a new construction submarine.
- Professional knowledge and technical experience with submarine Supervisors of Shipbuilding, PCU Immediate Superiors in Command (ISICs), and Type Commander (TYCOM) representatives supporting new construction.
- Professional knowledge and technical expertise with Pre-Commissioning Unit preparations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook).
- Requires the ability to move in and around submarines to conduct visits with PCU leadership.
- Requires 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and (11) eleven years of job-related experience or equivalent. Two years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications
- An active Government Security Clearance at the SECRET level
- Submarine or weapons systems acquisition experience.