Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Program Manager manages a group of inter-related projects moving towards a common goal reporting to the Property & Casualty IT PMO. This role is responsible for building integrated plans of multiple related projects including status, risks, issues, change management, and financial tracking across all areas including IT, business, supporting functions and all stakeholders.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Indirectly lead project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and provides current status
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Coordinate project estimation and resource allocations with team leadership
- Manage integrated scope, schedule, budget, quality as well as overseeing work of project teams
- Ensure adherence to integrated plans and schedules
- Lead change management work in order to deliver more efficiently and effectively
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Must have expertise in leveraging different types of project and program management practices / methodologies like Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- 5-10 years of experience running and delivering complex programs consisting of multiple project and program deliverables
- Ability and willingness to go to a detailed level and perform additional duties outside of the Program Manager/Project Manager role as necessary, inclusive of task ownership to ensure the solution is delivered on time and within budget