Assertive Community Treatment Intensive Outpatient Needs (ACTION) – Central program offers a dual track treatment model for individuals in the central San Diego area who have either been diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness or a chronic substance use disorder. ACTION Central provides a safe environment in which our clients can address all of their treatment needs.
Mental Health Systems, Inc. (MHS) was founded in 1978 to provide mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in an innovative and cost-effective manner. We continue to ensure that the delivery of these services conforms with the values highlighted on the cover of this directory. Our goal is to improve lives and instill hope by using new and creative treatment strategies while respecting time-proven methods of intervention.
MHS is a Drug-Free workplace therefore all staff must comply with Drug-Free Workplace requirements regarding alcohol and drug use. MHS performs post-offer substance abuse testing on all employees. MHS provides a full range of benefits to regular employees. These benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, partially paid employee health insurance, flexible spending account, paid employee long-term disability insurance, Company-sponsored Retirement Plan, and an individual employee-funded 403(b) plan. Eligibility for benefits is contingent upon employment status; see MHS Employee Handbook for full details.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the program including ensuring quality of services, staff management, leadership and supervision, financial matters, administrative activities, record keeping, safety, and compliance with contract requirements and the Mental Health Systems, Inc. Personnel Policies and Program Manager responsibilities.
- Responsible for overall program operations, including fiscal and administrative management, quality assurance, implementation of policies and procedures, and overall contract compliance.
- Oversees quality of direct services, ensuring adherence to best practices and highest professional standards; supervises accurate data collection, and record keeping; and prepares contractually requiredreports.
- Provides regularly scheduled supervision to all direct reports, and oversees weekly treatment team and staff meetings; supervises and coaches staff and develops and implements ongoing staff training and development program.
- Recruits, assesses and recommends candidates, and implements affirmative action, equal opportunity and cultural diversity at the recruitment level.
- Functions as program liaison with SD County Behavioral Health Services, and community-based organizations, representing the agency as directed by Vice President at meetings and committees.
- Adheres to program budget and reviews monthly operating statement to ensure financial integrity, and ensures implementation of quality assurance activities including peer review and monitoring of all client charts.
? Master of Arts or a Master of Sciences degree in a social services field, and licensure as a LCSW, LMFT, or Psychologist in the State of California preferred.
? Supervisory experience in a similar work setting.
? Excellent organization and administration experience.
? Five years of experience working with mentally ill and dually diagnosed populations in a case management program.
? Experience in individual and group counseling.