As a PMO Program Director, you will direct multiple Program Managers and projects within a Service Line, ensuring goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters.
- Program Management ? planning and coordinating resources and activities to meet assigned initiatives objectives, budget and schedules (traditional Program Management responsibilities).
- Deep technical skills and understanding across multiple platforms ? emphasis on data network (including routers, switches, firewall, load balances, IPS/IDS, wireless in a highly available clinical environment) plus server, storage, and messaging. Skills and experiences required to help define and manage technical solution and implementation.
- Directs multiple Program Managers in planning and coordinating staff and activities of an assigned area and ensures project milestones and budgetary constraints are maintained.
- Collaborates with Program and Project Managers to define time-frames, funding, procedures, deliverables and staffing levels.
- Directs and manages cross-functional team engagement and alignment as it pertains to requirements, scope and project delivery.
- Ensures Program Managers work with IT teams, vendors and customers to develop project proposals outlining deliverables, requirements, risks, assumptions, key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and budgets.
- Collaborates with senior OCIO management to build and manage program management function in support of projects.
- Assists in defining and developing departmental wide program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics.
- Reviews high level deliverables across assigned Service Line projects and reports to senior management on projects? status.
- Reviews quality assurance procedures in accordance with established methodology and ensure successful project execution by Program and Project managers.
- Escalates risk issues to senior management when project scope requires intervention.
- Assists in evaluation, re-prioritization and re-design of project plans and objectives as necessary.
- Contributes to Portfolio Management and Planning for assigned areas.
- Collaborates with PMO administrative leaders to create, enhance and deliver improved project management processes and practice.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Ensures Program Managers train assigned staff in appropriate processes and documentation standards.
- Manages resources including operating budget, supplies, equipment, space, staff and information.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, required.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification, preferred.
- 8+ years progressive experience in Information Systems including 4+ years managing projects and staff, required.
- Significant experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure, etc.) and in similarly sized IT organization, required.
- Demonstrated experience in the 9 Project Management Institute (PMI) knowledge areas, and Program and Portfolio Management required.
- Project management, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills, required.
- Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement complex project plans, required.
- Skilled at MS Project or project planning tools, required. Experience with CA Clarity or related PPM tool.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: