The Maritime Services Program Manager is responsible for developing critical operations and entertainment products and services that are used by the maritime customers of our global satellite network. This role is also responsible for managing the development and deployment of back office tools and systems that support the delivery of our services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with the product management organization to provide critical leadership and guidance in the requirements definition process.
- Direct cross functional teams to develop new products/services based on customer specifications.
- Coordinate and write marketing and engineering requirements documents, statements of work, specifications, develop schedules, development budgets and cost of goods estimates that can be understood by technical, functional and business driven teams throughout the organization.
- Communicate projects status to management.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Thorough knowledge of satellite communications principles
- Extensive knowledge in design and operation of satellite communication networks and network management systems, including broadband IP over satellite, TDMA, DAMA and SCPC
- 5 years of relevant experience such as managing small and medium size projects, preferable in an Agile/scrum environment.
- Demonstrated operations management aptitude and ability to manage projects of limited to moderate complexity and scope.
- Highly analytical, with a track record of being a strong problem solver, capable of translating analysis and insights into actionable business plans
- Attention to detail, logical thinking and independent decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to bridge potential gaps across the cross-functional teams and exceptional interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude.