Program Manager - Maritime C2 Systems
11 - 15 years experience • Information Services
MDA’s Surveillance and Intelligence unit provides innovative enterprise-level software solutions that are tailored to meet our customer’s business or mission objectives, focusing on streamlining and automating business processes that handle large volumes of complex geospatial data. These solutions enable business capabilities that may span from online services to order handling, backend value-add processing and decision automation, information product generation, knowledge management, content management, business intelligence, billing and accounting.
We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated candidates with good communication and people skills, and proven experience in leading teams and managing system and large scale software projects, to meet the requirements of our international customers. As a Program Manager at MDA, you will enjoy interesting, challenging work and many benefits. You will be given the responsibility and authority to manage projects in high technology, engineering domains using the latest systems engineering and software technologies. You will grow your project management capability; you will be part of a team of project and program managers in a company that is known internationally for successfully completing highly complex projects over the past 30 years. You will build, motivate and lead a project team, with support from various departments that will provide specialist staff, to achieve the project objectives. There will be opportunities to work with professional system, software and hardware engineers, travelinternationally, work with customers of various cultural backgrounds, and enjoy instant recognition/credentials because of MDA's international status. You will feel a sense of accomplishment when you and your team deliver results to meet customer needs.
- You will be responsible for leading teams of system and other engineers and professionals through the entire development cycle
- Your responsibilities will include delivering quality products and services within a committed budget and schedule, project planning and tracking, resource procurement and assignment, external and internal communications, risk management, contractual issues resolution, subcontractor management, and, most importantly, building a strong, well-motivated project team.
- You will have responsibility for supporting the growth of MDA’s maritime C2 programs leveraging off a significant new project in this area.
- You will also provide bid management and proposal management support to the marketing, sales and business development teams, including customer liaison, solution and costing preparation and review, to help win new business.
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired; formal management training considered an asset (e.g. MBA, PMI, PRINCE2); further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, contracts, negotiation)
- 10+ years of related management experiencerequired (e.g. line management, team lead, coordinator, organizer etc.), in addition to experience in an engineering environment
- Experience managing fixed-price and cost plus projects (between $10 – 50 million dollars) for international customers where you dealt with significant risks relating to scope, technology, cost, and schedule.
- Experience with delivering projects in a naval or maritime environment is desireable.
- Experience with large bid/proposal management is desireable.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with large scale software and hardware development processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in applying project risk management techniques and tools.
- Have managed a group of up to 50 staff (mix of technical staff and/or customer service staff and non-technical administrative support, incl. project accountant and contracts staff)
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning, organizing and progress control. You have negotiation skills, the ability to delegate, the ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Reference NumberMSL00000179