Program Manager I or II
Manage specific program activities as required to meet the program budget, schedule and technical requirements, supporting the objectives of the company and the customers’ needs. Act as the overall Product Manager of the specific assigned programs responsible for the strategic direction of the product within the company.
- Manage and lead the program team to facilitate the successful execution of contracts to meet customer requirements, contractschedule and corporate financial commitments and various other activities as prioritized/supervised by the Director, MCA Systems.
- Interface with all functional areas including Contracts, Supply Chain, PIC, Value Chain Integration, Quality, Test Range, and Operations to coordinate timely execution of program business. Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Serve as key interface with customers and in large part responsible of the health of the customer relationship. Develop required communications to include but not limited to program status, business opportunities, scheduling, program issues, and risk mitigation.
- Serve as the Proposal Manager for all products managed assuring that all customer requirements are fully understood and accurately costed into the proposal. Set and manage the Program Team's performance of the proposal schedule. Develop risk mitigation for all program risks identified. Develop and as required present the proposal to management.
- Manage and present the requirements for regular program cost reporting, and other information as required, to the MAPS SBU leadership, and others.
- Participates in the negotiations of contract awards and contract changes, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract, as required.
- Handles program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Respond to contract changes with timely submittals of new program plans and cost impacts.
- Ensure all requirements are met from contract award (kickoff) to initiation of closeout.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time, work well under pressure, and meet assignment commitments.
Must have experience
- B.S. degreerequired (Engineeringpreferred).
- Minimum three years’ experience in Defense, Manufacturing, or related industry and three years Program Management or supervisory experience required.
- Position is available at a higher level dependent on experience. Based on the qualifications and skills, a candidate can be hired in at either a 1 or 2.
- Must be a strong and effective leader with the aptitude to manage and affect results of those that are not direct reports.
- Must have very strong organizational, writing and presentation skills, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, as well as be a team player and work in an integrated team environment.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must have an extensive and diverse technical background.