Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
The Global Logistics Organization makes sure physical deliveries happen on schedule so Google's virtual world keeps humming. The Global team is responsible for importing, exporting and installing high value equipment around the globe for all Alphabet entities. As a member of the global logistics team, you will manage significant projects that require complex coordination of trade compliance, warehousing logistics, third-party vendors and transportation resources.
From global deployments of servers and new technology to the delivery of networking gear, you need to make sure the right equipment arrives at the right location at the right time. The program management complexity is driven by tight timelines, multiple internal customers with competing priorities, requisite knowledge in Google processes and systems, and managing multiple outside contractors.
As a successful project manager, you must manage customer communication, team organization, data analytics, performance milestone management and savvy negotiation skills. A professional, structured and data driven approach is expected in all interactions.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Solve logistics problems with speed, accuracy and completeness.
- Set up and manage project structure (charter, project plans, stakeholder communications) for each initiative.
- Manage team dependencies across multiple internal Google teams (operations and technology).
- Provide concise and effective communications with internal and external stakeholders on project status, issue resolution (including escalations), and accomplishments.
- Improve our planning and implementation processes and practices over time.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Operations, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience related to logistics, materials management, supply chain or other relevant work.
- Program management experience.
- Ability to travel 25% of time as required.
- Master's degree in relevant field (Engineering, Business, etc).
- Experience with outsourced operations and working with / managing third party vendors.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed documented business cases to stakeholders and management.
- Ability to make quick, intelligent and disciplined decisions.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to define and influence success metrics.
- Excellent follow-up skills with facts and solution recommendations. Structured thinking and logic with very strong analytical skills.