The successful candidate will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. PMs are responsible to achieve and maintain execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers. Candidate will provide team leadership to coach, guide and mentor designated program teams, ensuring compliance to all program requirements.
This position is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for their assigned programs, in accordance with the approved Space and Sensor processes.
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities to support and lead business capture activities, lead program reviews and report on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting customer requirements in order to work in partnership with customers towards derived solutions and leveraging existing solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and lead/transition projects through all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Participates in the preparation and evaluation of proposals, bid/no-bid decisions, business plans, Statements of Work (SOW), specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participates in negotiations of contracts and contract change management.
- Manages development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for communicating program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other organizational elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Expands existing product lines with customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required. Identify, track and manage risk.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of all assigned programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Candidates must have familiarity with program planning, earned value management, supply chain, risk management, quality control, production control, and product costing tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the 6 phases of program execution
- Specific to project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing phases.
- Experience running programs for Government and Government Prime contractors is required, and running avionics programs for airborne and/or space systems is desire
- Must demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth. The individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with 5 years of experience Must be eligible for security clearance
- PMP ® certified or attainment within 1 year of hire
- Ability to travel up to 20%.