The successful candidate will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. PMs are responsible to achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers. Candidate will provide team leadership to coach, guide and mentor designated program teams, ensuring compliance to all program requirements.
This position is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for their assigned programs, in accordance with the approved Space and Sensor processes. This includes:
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities to support and lead business capture activities, lead program reviews and report on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting customer requirements in order to work in partnership with customers towards derived solutions and leveraging existing solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and lead/transition projects through all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Capture to Closeout
- Participates in the preparation and evaluation of proposals, bid/no-bid decisions, business plans, Statements of Work (SOW), specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participates in negotiations of contracts and contract change management.
- Manages development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for communicating program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other organizational elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Leverage new business with established customer base and identify/pursue opportunities with new customers to include thoroughly qualify new business leads and sales opportunities.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required. Identify, track and manage risk.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of all assigned programs.
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of program management typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have in-depth knowledge of project management. Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of prior related experience preferred.
- Experience in team management.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments in a related technically oriented, contract management environment.
- Eligible to obtain a security clearance upon hire.
- Demonstrated experience/familiarity with the Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Specific to project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing phases.
- Earned value management, supply chain, risk management, quality control, production control, and product costing tool skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth.
- Individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Experience running programs for Government and Government Prime contractors.
- Ability to travel 15% to 20% of the time to attend customer meetings and tradeshows.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PMP Certification or ability to gain PMP certification within first year of employment
- Technical Engineering background (Degree or Experience)
- Experience with Infrared products and technology
- Demonstrated experience running complex avionics programs for airborne and/or space systems is desired.