- Reports to Director of Program Management.
- Responsible for successful completion of programs, which includes meeting all delivery dates and within budget.
- Manage all assigned resources to ensure customer contractual requirements are well defined, universally understood, and complied with to achieve program objectives within the established cost and schedule targets.
BASIC JOB DUTIES:
- Provide support to Marketing and Proposals in the development of new and follow-on business proposals by ensuring all programmatic elements are addressed and costed accurately. Provide support as required during negotiations and provide a smooth transition from the proposal phase to the contract phase.
- Prepare a Program Plan for each assigned program to include (as a minimum) the overall Program Schedule, detailed tasking, budgets, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and resources and comply with the customer Statement of Work (SOW) to meet all program aspects and special ground rules.
- Conduct kick-off meeting at the outset of each new contract with the program team to review requirements, budget, schedule, and initiate work on the program.
- Prepare bottom’s up Estimates to Complete (ETCs) and Estimates at Completion (EACs) quarterly.
- Prepare and present program review documents on a monthly basis.
- Ensure contractual documents and any subsequent revisions are distributed and any changes clearly defined to the program team members.
- Establish and maintain an interface with the customer for reporting program status, preparing for and conducting all meetings with the customer such as Systems Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs).
- Monitor progress on the program through day-to-day contact and internal reviews to ensure that schedule, cost, technical specifications, and other programmatic requirements are being achieved.
- Maintain Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics with the ability to conduct variance analysis to drive corrective actions and maintain program control.
- Provide weekly program progress reports to the Director of Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the primary duties of the position.
- BA in Business or BS in a technical discipline such as, physics or engineering, or directly related business or technical/engineering background in communication equipment or systems.
- Minimum 5 years of related program management experience.
SKILL KNOWLEDGE LEVEL REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with the use of computers as a management tool to produce milestone schedules, spreadsheets, and other program related reports.